Old December 21st 05, 12:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Zero

Default Winter Solstice and chess

Today is December 21st and it is the winter solstice. That means it is
the shortest day of the year. Now I will get 1-2 minutes of daylight
each day to play those bums and street players at Washington Square
Park in New York City. Maybe I can convince them to now give me an
extra 1-2 minutes on my clock.

I really hope I get bus service today. All those employees were on
strike and I had to walk to yesterday today in the freezing cold. Maybe
they all went to play chess somewhere.