Old December 23rd 05, 09:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Chess One

Default New CL Editor

Looks like Kid Chess beat USCF to the announcement of the new CL editor,
Daniel Lucas.

On calling the board I was enabled to understand that Lawrence H. Parr was
not a finalist. Indeed, he never even applied. I know someone who was a
finalist and am very glad that that person didn't get the job.

Mr. Lucas has previously concentrated on children's chess, and has won a
Cramer award, etc, and should fit right in.

Phil Innes

Old December 23rd 05, 10:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer

Chess One wrote:
Looks like Kid Chess beat USCF to the announcement of the new CL editor,
Daniel Lucas.

On calling the board I was enabled to understand that Lawrence H. Parr was
not a finalist. Indeed, he never even applied. I know someone who was a
finalist and am very glad that that person didn't get the job.

Mr. Lucas has previously concentrated on children's chess, and has won a
Cramer award, etc, and should fit right in.

Phil Innes

Lucas? Is this the same guy who directs movies in Hollywood? Happy
Hanukkah to you Innes.

Old December 24th 05, 12:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer
Chess One

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chess One wrote:
Looks like Kid Chess beat USCF to the announcement of the new CL editor,
Daniel Lucas.

On calling the board I was enabled to understand that Lawrence H. Parr
was
not a finalist. Indeed, he never even applied. I know someone who was a
finalist and am very glad that that person didn't get the job.

Mr. Lucas has previously concentrated on children's chess, and has won a
Cramer award, etc, and should fit right in.

Phil Innes

Lucas? Is this the same guy who directs movies in Hollywood? Happy
Hanukkah to you Innes.

Is it permissable to slay Saxons on Hanukkah? I doubt it, the laws being
obviously bent in their favour.

We Celts say Merry Christmas, my ansome!
May the running wave find you, and carry you
And may you and it arrive together on some mysterious beach.

And in your case, one loaded with bikinied gals.

I meant to ask you, are you the same age as Fischer?
He is sixty-two isn't he?

Phil the Celt

Old December 24th 05, 05:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer

I don't look a day over 61. I also don't need the blue pill. Happy
Hanukkah to you Innes. I don't celebrate Christmas.

Old December 24th 05, 01:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
The Historian

Chess One wrote:
Looks like Kid Chess beat USCF to the announcement of the new CL editor,
Daniel Lucas.

On calling the board I was enabled to understand that Lawrence H. Parr was
not a finalist. Indeed, he never even applied. I know someone who was a
finalist and am very glad that that person didn't get the job.

Mr. Lucas has previously concentrated on children's chess, and has won a
Cramer award, etc, and should fit right in.

Phil Innes

Daniel Lucas is the editor of Georgia Chess, probably the best chess
magazine in the US. I have full confidence that Mr. Lucas can make
Chess Life the finest chess magazine in English if he is allowed to do
so.

My apologies to the newsgroup for answering Philth's nonsense again -
I've recently thrown him into the killfile.

Old December 24th 05, 02:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Chess One

"The Historian" wrote in message
ups.com...

Chess One wrote:
Looks like Kid Chess beat USCF to the announcement of the new CL editor,
Daniel Lucas.

On calling the board I was enabled to understand that Lawrence H. Parr
was
not a finalist. Indeed, he never even applied. I know someone who was a
finalist and am very glad that that person didn't get the job.

Mr. Lucas has previously concentrated on children's chess, and has won a
Cramer award, etc, and should fit right in.

Phil Innes

Daniel Lucas is the editor of Georgia Chess, probably the best chess
magazine in the US. I have full confidence that Mr. Lucas can make
Chess Life the finest chess magazine in English if he is allowed to do
so.

My apologies to the newsgroup for answering Philth's nonsense again -
I've recently thrown him into the killfile.

Obviously several lies lie from a noted liar who dares appear almost under
his own name - I think that if he signed himself then his efforts could be
reviewed, thus thwarting his writerly ambitions

Its so funny when our spammer stops he starts...

And as to the rest... I reported verbatim the message at Kid's Chess, with
the single comment of 'should fit right in'.

Phil Innes

Old December 24th 05, 02:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Rob

Neil,

From the website " A beginners guide to the usenet"

http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usen.../faq_kill.html

Sometimes people will say they've killfiled someone but their vanity
will not allow them to actually do so in case they miss something the
victim might say about them. Saying you've killfiled someone then
making further replies could be an indication that you may be heading
in the direction of ****wittedness. If you say you've killfiled
someone, then killfile them. Otherwise it is simply meaningless
posturing and will make you look like an idiot.

Let's get one thing clear right away - '****wit' is no more swearing
than 'S****horpe' or 'Penistone'.

Regardless of its origins, the term '****wit' has now become a
newsgroup term for someone who repeatedly and consistantly proves
themselves totally impervious to clue, 'clue' being defined as
knowledge, enlightenment, advice.

The ****wit website describes them as "those sad, strange or egocentric
people; who after having had some education on technical, custom or
procedural points simply fail to absorb the advice. They fail to
understand or accept the clues offered."

They may make these responses with what they imagine to be witty
put-downs of the complainants. The alarm bells should ring at this
point. To quote from the ****wit FAQ at the ****wit website, "Because
of this inability to receive clue, most ****wits actually believe that
they are being stylish and amusing when they aren't. Which is one of
the major factors that predisposes a person to ****wittedness."

Anyway, you now know that what you are dealing with is no longer mere
stupidity but is either a deliberate troll or a full-blown ****wit.

Rob

Old December 24th 05, 02:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
The Historian

Rob wrote:

(snip profane quotations provided by Mr. Mitchell).

I've only returned to using Google Groups for a few minutes and I've
drawn TWO killfiled trolls! And this is what I've been missing these
past two weeks!

Old December 24th 05, 02:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Rob

Default Brennan

The above fits the ****wit Brennan. the quote below proves it.

Old December 24th 05, 03:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
The Historian

The Historian wrote:
Rob wrote:

(snip profane quotations provided by Mr. Mitchell).

I've only returned to using Google Groups for a few minutes and I've
drawn TWO killfiled trolls! And this is what I've been missing these
past two weeks!

Now that I've returned to my senses and to my usual newsreader with the
Innes/Mitchell killfile, we can resume the discussion of Daniel Lucas'
editorship of Chess Life. Innes is, of course, wrong about Lucas'
experience as an editor. Lucas has made Georgia Chess into a wonderful
magazine. My concern is that Lucas will be ground up by the New Windsor
folks as many other editors before him have been.