Old December 28th 05, 02:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.rep-of-georgia

Default Was Zurab in a Fight in Georgian Parliament

Was Zurab in a Fight in Georgian Parliament

About a week or so ago I was watching BBC World News and there was a
segment about a fist fight that had broken out in the Parliament of
the Republic of Georgia. Briefly on the TV screen, I believe that I
saw the face of chess Grandmaster Zurab Azmaiparashvili.

I have searched the Internet and cannot find out any more news about
this fight.

Does anybody know? Was that really Grandmaster Azmaiparashvili or just
somebody who looks like him? Is Grandmaster Azmaiparashvili in the
Parliament of Georgia?

In 2004, Azmaiparashvili was arrested by the Spanish Police after a
fight during the closing ceremony at the World Chess Olympiad in
Calvia, Spain.

Sam Sloan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zurab_Azmaiparashvili

Old December 28th 05, 02:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.rep-of-georgia

I'm so jealous of Azmai. He stays in 5 stars hotel while I sleep under
the table.