Old December 29th 05, 07:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Louis Blair

Default Book sales, Schiller, and USCF

William Hyde wrote (11 Oct 2005 13:11:14 -0400):

Keene and Coles' "Staunton" is worthwhile if not
at the level of [Keene and Botteril on the Modern,
and Keene's "Flank Openings"]. There appears
to be a followup by Keene and another author on
"Staunton's London", but I've no idea if that is any
god.

_
Staunton's City: Chess in London, Simpson's and
The Savoy by Keene and Martin is a different kind
of book. On the back cover:
_
"This book gives all the games [of The Second
Staunton Memorial Tournament] and a potted
history of chess in London. The greatest London
events are recorded as well as games played
in London by every World Champion."
_
I could find only seven Staunton games in the book.

Old December 29th 05, 01:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Sorry Louis Blair, I lied as usual. I'm an asshole. I was paid to
attack everybody.

Old December 30th 05, 12:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

ANOTHER ATTACK ON SCHILLER

Other books are also banned from the ChessCafe.
Arnold Denker and Larry Parr's The Bobby Fischer I
Knew and Other Stories, which won the 1996 USCF and
ACF book of the year award, is also blacklisted -- as
are Mr. Parr's two instructional volumes with GM Lev
Alburt, which received fine reviews.

Ray Keene's books were blacklisted UNTIL the
current controversy arose. Since then, GM Keene's
work on Nimzowitsch has reappeared there. So, too,
Larry Evans' works -- they were blacklisted until a big
stink was raised. Now, a couple are being sold by the Cafe.

Taylor Kingston's essential lie is to argue that
Mr. Schiller is being blacklisted because of the
quality of his books, which Mr. Kingston alleges to be
low. Nonsense. The works of Parr, Evans, Keene and
Schiller were blacked out because of some brutal
political battles during which defenses of Keene and
Evans were quashed by Hanon Russell, the proprietor of
the Cafe.

Old December 30th 05, 01:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Ange1o DePa1ma

Default Is Larry Parr

ANOTHER SNACK ON SCHILLER?

Peanut butter, jelly, burnt strawberries, your choice. Don't ask for
bombastic, fortitude. May your wishes tactically snuff avatar, sincerely,
because. My country and yours, skimping. To strive, to sneak, two flight,
without a shield, unbridled bride.

Cold pastorale! Baaaaaaaaaa.

Old December 30th 05, 04:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Ange1o DePa1ma

This is an example of my KLANS (Kill Larry's Asinine Non-Sequiturs)
strategy. Not to be confused with SO TUT (Start your Own Threads you Useless
Tut).

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old December 30th 05, 09:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Louis Blair

Larry Parr wrote (29 Dec 2005 16:43:05 -0800):

Other books are also banned from the ChessCafe.
Arnold Denker and Larry Parr's The Bobby Fischer I
Knew and Other Stories, which won the 1996 USCF
and ACF book of the year award, is also blacklisted

_
Why does Larry Parr choose not to mention the price?
_
"$39.95" - Sam Sloan (Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:12:29
GMT)
_
"Does anyone know why the Hardinge-Simpole
titles are priced the way they are?" - John
Donaldson quote reported by Sam Sloan (Fri,
23 Dec 2005 05:24:24 GMT)
_
"Parr probabIy wishes they cost less" - jr
(24 Dec 2005 11:35:47 -0800)

_
Larry Parr wrote (29 Dec 2005 16:43:05 -0800):

... blacklisted -- as are Mr. Parr's two instructional
volumes with GM Lev Alburt, which received fine
reviews.

_
At Chess 4 Less, I could not find any of these
books:
_
The Bobby Fischer I Knew and Other Stories
Secrets of the Russian Chess Masters, Volume 1
Secrets of the Russian Chess Masters, Volume 2
_
Does Larry Parr also claim that he is blacklisted
at Chess 4 Less?

_
Larry Parr wrote (29 Dec 2005 16:43:05 -0800):

The works of Parr, Evans, Keene and
Schiller were blacked out because of ...

_
Does Larry Parr have any comment on Sam
Sloan's claim that Karpov is "obvious"ly
"blacklisted" at USCF Sales?
_
Does Larry Parr have any comment on Sam
Sloan's inclusion of Ron Henley and Don
Schultz in a claimed "List of Authors Banned
or Blacklisted" by USCF Sales?
_
Does Larry Parr have any comment on Sam
Sloan's inclusion (at one point) of himself
on such a list?

_
Larry Parr wrote (29 Dec 2005 16:43:05 -0800):

... some brutal political battles during which
defenses of Keene and Evans were quashed ...

_
Doesn't Larry Parr think he should distinguish
between quashing all defense and quashing some
defense?

Old December 30th 05, 03:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

No difference. We defend everyone who pays us and we attack everyone
who thinks we're assholes.