Old December 29th 05, 04:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa

Default What to do about Ray Gordon?

What to do about Ray Gordon?

The situation has gotten really intolerable. The Fake Sam Sloan, who
now posts as Sam Sloan under and 64.12.116.69 , is
now posting so many times per day that it becomes difficult to keep up
with this group. Of course, I am the person most affected because he
posts as me. There are no doubt those who are not regular readers of
this group who think that he really is me. However, everybody on this
group is adversely affected, too.

Although I believed for a while that the fake poster was Stan Booz, I
am not convinced that it is Ray Gordon a/k/a Gordon Roy Parker.

So, the question becomes: What to do about it, if anything?

The obvious solution is to have him locked back up in the loony bin.
Ray Gordon has admitted in this group and in his court pleadings that
he is certifiably crazy and that he has been institutionalized from
time to time. He has even filed civil rights lawsuits, alleging
discrimination against the mentally ill, such as himself. However, he
is obviously out now, unless they let him have Internet access inside
the mental institution, which is possible.

The good news is that we now know that our great leader, George W.
Bush, is personally monitoring all of our internet postings. This
should have long been obvious. This group has obviously attracted his
attention. Here we are corresponding with all manner of foreigners,
including suspicious shadowy types such as Russians and Ukrainians,
with whom we have dealings only because they are better chess players
than we are.

So, since we now know that George W. Bush is personally tapping all
our telephones and tracking our every message posted to this group, he
will understand the necessity of locking back up Ray Gordon, so that
he can more carefully watch what we are saying to each other.

With George W. Bush on our side, we should be able to get a civil
order locking up Ray Gordon or, if he is already locked up, taking
away the computer with which he is making all these Internet postings.

Old December 29th 05, 07:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa
Major Cat

Sam Sloan wrote:

Here we are corresponding with all manner of foreigners,
including suspicious shadowy types such as Russians and Ukrainians,
with whom we have dealings only because they are better chess players
than we are.

I am curious. Does this apply to, say, Germans
as well? After all, the DDR was a communist
state... More specifically, is there anything
other than their Soviet past that renders Russians
and Ukrainians "suspicious" and "shadowy" in the
eyes of some Americans and West Europeans? Is
that "something" _deeply_ cultural and, if so,
how does it relate to why chess is more popular
"there" than it is "here"?

Sam Sloan

Regards,

Major Cat

Old December 29th 05, 09:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa
[email protected]

Don't post anything for a year.

Haas

Old December 29th 05, 10:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa

I think Ray Gordon is sending me a message. If I stop posting, he'll do
the same.

Old January 1st 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa
Ray Gordon

Default What to do about "Sam Sloan?"

I'm not sure if this is the real Sam Sloan making these accusations against
me, but he should realize that by using my birth name, he is causing the
type of damage that I file suit over, since Google is searched by people one
encounters in their everyday lives. This is hardly a minor flamewar.

If that is Mr. Sloan, and he believes I am impersonating him, there are ways
for him to subpoena ISP records to confirm whomever it might be (it's not
me). Accusing me of something like that in the newsgroup is not only
libelous and unfounded, but unnecssary, since IP records would answer his
question. Sam has filed lawsuits before and should already know this.

If this is not Mr. Sloan, he should uncover the imposter as he would above.

I should not have to refute this falsehood, and anyone who wants to threaten
my freedom should realize I have the option of filing a criminal complaint
as well as a civil suit, especially since Pennsylvania has a "hate crime"
law that protects those perceived as disabled.

God help USCF if they ever allow anything like this at a tournament.

Old January 1st 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa

Ray Gordon wrote:
[...]

I'm convinced that Ray Gordon made these posts. My sources have
confirmed this. He's out to get me. He wants to humiliate me. But he
made a big mistake. No one can humiliate me more than I can humiliate
myself.

Old January 2nd 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Frank

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message ...
What to do about Ray Gordon?

The situation has gotten really intolerable.

Intolerable for who? While I don't condone what the Fake Sam Sloan is doing,
I happen to enjoy it. For years we've asked you to follow proper netiquette and
stop posting your off-topic crap, smear campaigns, unsubstantiated rumors, etc.
But you chose to ignore us. You decided that society's rules don't apply to you.
Now, you finally met your match! So it took a Fake Sam Sloan to get under the skin
of the real one. Ha ha ha. That's very funny.

So, the question becomes: What to do about it, if anything?

Nothing - except put Sam Sloan in your killfile. Don't read his posts and
pretend he's George John, who you think doesn't exist.

[...]

You're serious right? And you think Ray Gordon should be in a loony bin??
Perhaps you two can share adjoining rooms. And you both can whittle away
the hours filing frivolous lawsuits against each other.

Old January 3rd 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Point to Ray Gordon.

Old January 10th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa
Arnold Gallagher

Holy crap, I visit alt.chess for the first time every just to get away from
Sam Sloan, but he is ubiquitous!

Old January 10th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa
David Ames

Sam Sloan wrote:
What to do about Ray Gordon?

The situation has gotten really intolerable. The Fake Sam Sloan, who
now posts as Sam Sloan under and 64.12.116.69 , is
now posting so many times per day that it becomes difficult to keep up
with this group.

Given that 64.12.116.69 is an AOL proxy server, and that AOL itself
does not support Usenet access, what is happening here? Is that IP
address somehow being spoofed? Or do AOL users go to Google in order
to access?

David Ames