Old January 2nd 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Say No To g4

Default USCF scandals

Remember the USCF scandals and problems prior to the election? Not a day
went by without Sam Sloan (with Larry Parr not far behind) writing terrible news
about anything the Beatriz administration did or said.

I recall Parr made some prediction about a surprise in the financials - that the USCF
wasn't going to come near it's gain for the year (sorry, but I do not have the posting -
Parr posts so much that I don't have time to find it.) So where's the surprise?

And remember the wetlands problem? Did the problem go away once BG and his
people took office?

And there hardly went a day went by that Parr didn't rake Beatriz over the coals in
this forum about making contracts public. Since Parr isn't asking the same from the
Goichberg administration, can I assume all USCF contracts have been made public?

The above are just some of the issues that the Sloan-Parr combo incessantly
bloviated about. But the issues seemed to have disappeared once the new
administration took office.

So what happened - did BG, Shultz and company solve all those problems? Or
was this just a case of "it's wrong when my opponent does it, but it's OK when
someone I support does it?"

Just curious.

Old January 2nd 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Bill Goichberg saved the USCF. That was quite clear.

Old January 2nd 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Jürgen R.

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:13:53 -0500, "Say No To g4"
wrote:

[...]

You must be the only person who doesn't know that Parr and Sloan are
being payed to lay off the USCF. Now everything is quiet and the
current apparatchiks are peacefully feeding at the trough.

Old January 2nd 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Jane Adams

Munchausen by Proxy. Ever heard of that?

Goichberg brings the USCF to the brink of extinction so he can take it over
to "save it". Save it for who? The CCA?

If ever there was a case vested self interest this is it. Oh, excuse me,
that's the way the USCF is run. Isn't it?

--
Jane
http://users.lvcm.com/jadams

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bill Goichberg saved the USCF. That was quite clear.

Old January 2nd 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Catalan

"Jürgen R." wrote in message
news
You must be the only person who doesn't know that Parr and Sloan are
being payed to lay off the USCF.

Not exactly. There source is Don Schultz.

Now everything is quiet and the
current apparatchiks are peacefully feeding at the trough.

Sooey, sooey.

Old January 2nd 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Say No To g4

wrote:

You must be the only person who doesn't know that Parr and Sloan are
being payed to lay off the USCF. Now everything is quiet and the
current apparatchiks are peacefully feeding at the trough.

Jurgen:

I know you're being facetious. There's no need to pay off Sam (Scam) Sloan.
I think he's cut out of the loop.

During the McCrary administration, there was a total blackout of info from
the USCF while the USCF lost money hand over fist. Sam (who you gratuitously
referred to as a dung beetle) kept ranting about the supposed evils of the Redman gang
(even tho they were no longer in power) while singing the praises of the current regime.

Then Beatriz (and Tim and Randy) took over and actually turned the organization
around. But someone (perhaps Shultz) fed Sloan lots of gossip, telling him that
he's an investigative journalist. Sloan, being the dunce that he is, believed everything
he heard. So he slanders on the internet the people who helped the USCF - people
who have done no harm to Sloan (then he wonders why so many dislike him.)

But Sloan is what's known as a useful idiot. Once Shultz and his gang took over, they
discarded Sloan like yesterday's garbage (because yesterday's garbage smells real
bad.) And we're back to a total blackout of news. Which history indicates is not good.

As for Parr, I don't know if he's out of the loop. Perhaps he has too much on his
plate - highly important stuff like Taylor Kingston's rating, or why Blair won't
accept a sucker bet.

Old January 3rd 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I'LL JUST HAVE TO TAKE IT

I recall Parr made some prediction about a surprise

in the financials - that the USCF wasn't going to come
near it's gain for the year (sorry, but I do not have
the posting - Parr posts so much that I don't have time to find
it.) So where's the surprise? --

Strangely enough, the anonymouse (sounds a bit
like Brock, Hart or Bauer) has a point. I can agree with
some of what he writes, but the truth is that I have
NOT been posting as much as before because of
work commitments.

No, not all of the contracts are public. Fewer
of them are public. I think it fair to conclude that
Joel Channing, a powerful personality, has put the
clamp on this Board. If I had the time just now, I
would be raising a rumpus. But I'm finishing a book -- not
much more to go. There will be time in about six
weeks to start going after them again on drug testing
and other subjects.

For the moment, the anonymouse has the right to
scoff at what I have written above. And I'll just
have to take it, alas.

Old January 3rd 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

"clamp?"

Old January 3rd 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Say No To g4

wrote in message oups.com...
For the moment, the anonymouse has the right to
scoff at what I have written above. And I'll just
have to take it, alas.

Yes, I have the right to scoff - but I won't. I accept your word.

Old January 3rd 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

The reason why you ain't heered bout no scandals in the USCF is that
Crossville ain't got no electricity yet. You have to wait for it to
come out by mule. The town folk meanwhile are trying to get through to
Pres. Roosevelt to see if he can get rural electrification going in
Crossville.

Haas