Old January 9th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Breaking News: Bobby Fischer will play a Fischer Random Match

My reliable sources have informed me that Bobby Fischer will play a
Fischer Random match against either Kasparov, Karpov or Benko.

Benko would be the safer bet since he will lose to both Kasparov and
Karpov. Perhaps he would like to consider Bisguier.

Old January 9th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Catalan

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
oups.com...

My reliable sources have informed me that Bobby Fischer will play a
Fischer Random match against either Kasparov, Karpov or Benko.

Benko would be the safer bet since he will lose to both Kasparov and
Karpov. Perhaps he would like to consider Bisguier.

Better yet: Tony Miles.

Old January 9th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Ray Gordon

My reliable sources have informed me that Bobby Fischer will play a
Fischer Random match against either Kasparov, Karpov or Benko.

Benko would be the safer bet since he will lose to both Kasparov and
Karpov. Perhaps he would like to consider Bisguier.

Better yet: Tony Miles.

Hey, I'll do it if Fischer needs the ego boost.

Old January 9th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
John J.

Maybe it's just me but I'm just a bit tired of this Bobby Fisher thing.
Geez - Bobby takes a dump, Bobby sneezes. As far as I'm concerned his past
accomplishments are far greater than anything he can contribute now....

oups.com...

Old January 9th 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
David Richerby

Catalan wrote:
"Sam Sloan" wrote:
My reliable sources have informed me that Bobby Fischer will play a
Fischer Random match against either Kasparov, Karpov or Benko.

Better yet: Tony Miles.

If Miles is playing FRC, I want to be a *long* way away.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Electronic T-Shirt (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a fashion statement but it uses

Old January 9th 06, 09:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
David Richerby

John J. wrote:
Sam Sloan wrote:
My reliable sources have informed me that Bobby Fischer will play a
Fischer Random match against either Kasparov, Karpov or Benko.

Maybe it's just me but I'm just a bit tired of this Bobby Fisher thing.
Geez - Bobby takes a dump, Bobby sneezes. As far as I'm concerned his
past accomplishments are far greater than anything he can contribute
now....

Note: that article was not posted by Sloan.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Solar-Powered Impossible Chainsaw
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ (TM): it's like a lethal weapon but
Old January 9th 06, 09:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Major Cat

John J. wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I'm just a bit tired of this Bobby Fisher thing.
Geez - Bobby takes a dump, Bobby sneezes. As far as I'm concerned his past
accomplishments are far greater than anything he can contribute now....

Because the cold war ended half a generation ago, perhaps? 8)

Regards,

Major Cat

Old January 9th 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
David Ames

Sam Sloan wrote:
My reliable sources have informed me that Bobby Fischer will play a
Fischer Random match against either Kasparov, Karpov or Benko.

Benko would be the safer bet since he will lose to both Kasparov and
Karpov. Perhaps he would like to consider Bisguier.

Sam Sloan

Perhaps so, but that does not make you a reliable source. After all,
you are hiding behind the name of another man.

David Ames