Old January 9th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Randy Bauer

Default The Challenge to Liarry Parr

As many of you know from painful experience, Liarry Parr issued and issued
and issued at least a score of times a challenge related to a lie detector
test on this newsgroup. Liarry Parr took great delight, over and over and
over again in suggesting that this challenge was not accepted.

In the past few days, Liarry Parr has smeared me with out and out lies. I
called him on them and issued that same challenge to him -- put up $10,000
and I'll take a lie detector test on two LIES that he claimed as truths
about my actions while on the USCF Executive Board.

To date, Liarry Parr has ignored my challenge. Instead, in typical Liarry
form, he has gone on to make more attacks.

Liarry should be held to his claims. Talk is cheap, and I am giving him a
great opportunity to show that he actually believes the crap he writes.
Once again, Liarry, put up your money or shut the **** up.

Randy Bauer

Old January 9th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I prefer he shuts the **** up.

Old January 9th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

SOUR BAUER

Randy Bauer now claims that I have "SHOUTED"
(emphasis his). Mr. Bauer advises that "I shut the
**** up," and he writes, "[N]ow he [Parr] asks why I
howl." He promises always to refer to me as "Liarry
Parr." "I will never refer to him in any other way,"
he pounds on his keyboard.

And howl Mr. Bauer does -- like that moose being
wrestled out of his antlers before the molting period.

The revelation that there is indeed the cash
crunch that I predicted, deriving from the period I
noted in a posting from December 2004, is too much for
Mr. Bauer. You always know when you have hit home:
the politicians turn plug ugly, start calling names,
and toss around four-letter words. Mr. Bauer's gone sour.

Joel Channing came on-line and routinely
admitted that there was the cash crunch I reported and
that it was temporary. Readers will note that I never
predicted the Federation would cease to exist because
of the cash crunch; I simply reported from a source
that it was coming. Which it did, almost to the month I gave.

Once again, I wish to thank my sources who
proved so knowledgable.

Another source told me that the Executive Board
had a figure of $650,000 t
o build the small, new, wooden
building (it will have
a brick veneer) in Cross-to-Bear. This
edifice is
about 40 percent the size of the old structure in New
Windsor. I reported to you the facts in March, and
there was a Great Silence from our Board, except for a
couple of denials. Then, two to three months later in
public session, the Board gave the figure of $650,000
as the cost for the small structure in Cross-to-Bear.

How the politicians -- a man such as our Randy
Bauer, for example -- hate USCF members knowing what is
happening behind closed doors! They conducted
searches of desks at New Windsor, and they interviewed
Federation personnel and others outside the office.
"Who's talking to Parr? Who? Who?"

We began to feel like the Scarlet Pimpernel:
"They seek him here, they seek him there,/Those
Frenchies seek him everywhere./Is he in heaven or is
he in hell?/That demned elusive Pimpernel./He meddles
with the French Revolution/Popping in and out each
week/Spoiling every love execution/La, what cheek!"

Sam Sloan predicted (for different reasons than
mine) that the cost of the move to Cross-to-Bear would
amount to $750,000. If Sam can be faulted, it would
appear that he low-balled the likely final number.
His imagination for the gruesome failed him when
applied to Federation political decision-making.

Old January 9th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

MY REPORTS WERE RIGHT!

So then, what are my "lies"?

That I reported 60 to 90 days before the
Executive Board chose to tell you that the small
building in Cross-to-Bear would cost $650,000?

That I reported last December 2004 that there would be a cash
crunch originating or within roughly the period of
late spring and early summer this past year?

If these are the claimed "lies" on my part, then
I have no problem at all in accepting Randy Bauer's challenge.

Is he saying that my reporting was wrong on these
big issues?

Old January 9th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Randy Bauer

Parr plays his typical "never mind what I said" game. The "lies" are the
following, quoted directly from him:

THE LEADERSHIP, INCLUDING MR. BAUER, KNEW OF THE IMPENDING LOSSES," and
that "RANDY BAUER KNEW THESE FACTS AND THAT I WAS DEAD-ON RIGHT, BUT HE KEPT
THEM FROM YOU BECAUSE HE
DOES NOT BELIEVE MEMBERS NEED TO KNOW THESE INCONVENIENT FACTS."

Lies, even by Liarry's low standards. Set up the test, Liarry. Bring cash,
I don't trust anything with your signature on it.

Randy Bauer
oups.com...

Old January 9th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
jr

I don't think you guys are talking about the same bet.

Frankly I find it inconceivable how someone living in Malaysia could
know more about what was going on than a board member who called him a
liar for months on end during the move to Crossville. Yet the reports
by a non-USCF member have indeed proved accurate.

The more things change....

At the 1999 U.S. Open, board member Tim Redman described the major
problems facing the USCF: "The financial crisis. We had a very bad year
last year. We had an operational loss of $325,000. And an augmentation
in debt level of more than $400,000. We're carrying a fairly heavy debt
load and that restricts our room to maneuver. The second big problem is
that the computerization of the office has gone very, very badly. They
had a bad vendor choice that delayed us by six months."

Old January 9th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Vince Hart

jr wrote:
I don't think you guys are talking about the same bet.

There is only one bet under discussion: the one issued by Bauer to
weasel Parr.

Old January 9th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

Who gives a ****?

- CF

Old January 10th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ange1o DePa1ma

Hey Larry, if you're right then put up the $10,000 and have Randy take the
lie detector test.

We can even run this as a kind of Calcutta contest. I'll put $500 on Randy.
Anyone game?

Of course I'm joking. Parr is too much of a coward to take a challenge.

Old January 10th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Parr is not a coward. He's just a chicken and a liar.