Old January 15th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Great endgame

The Steelers - Colts playoff game was very exciting, especially the
last moments when Bettis fumbled at the 1 yardline.

Haas

Old January 16th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ange1o DePa1ma

It was an incredible game for several reasons. I listened to most of it,
driving up the NJ Turnpike after dropping out of a tournament in Philly. The
Bettis fumble was cosmic. if you're a football fan it'll be something you
talk about for 20-30 years. Amaazingly, the Steel Men won because of their
iron QB. Amazing game.

Old January 16th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
David Kane

"Ange1o DePa1ma" wrote in message

It was an incredible game for several reasons. I listened to most of

it,
driving up the NJ Turnpike after dropping out of a tournament in

Philly. The
Bettis fumble was cosmic. if you're a football fan it'll be

something you
talk about for 20-30 years. Amaazingly, the Steel Men won because of

their
iron QB. Amazing game.

It comes as something of a shock to
hear these words coming from you.
I should have thought you'd find all
those imperfections in this game
appalling, and we'd be hearing you
using them to bolster your argument
for agreed draws in the NFL.

I thought it was only the lesser minds
who appreciated that winning and
losing stuff.

Old January 16th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

David Kane wrote:
I thought it was only the lesser minds
who appreciated that winning and
losing stuff.

He'd schedueld a four-hour weekly meeting of the Official Sarasota
Mensa Chess Club at 3459 Clark Road, Apt 157. But since he's the only
member, the meeting adjourned after 2.5 hours and he watched the end of
the game.

Old January 16th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Taylor Kingston

David Kane wrote:
It comes as something of a shock to
hear these words coming from you.
I should have thought you'd find all
those imperfections in this game
appalling, and we'd be hearing you
using them to bolster your argument
for agreed draws in the NFL.

Wait until we hear from Larry Evans, about how Manning's bad
play-calling, and the Colts' false-start penalties and offensive line
failures are proof positive that the game was fixed.

Old January 16th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Say No To g4

"Taylor Kingston" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Kane wrote:
It comes as something of a shock to
hear these words coming from you.
I should have thought you'd find all
those imperfections in this game
appalling, and we'd be hearing you
using them to bolster your argument
for agreed draws in the NFL.

Wait until we hear from Larry Evans, about how Manning's bad
play-calling, and the Colts' false-start penalties and offensive line
failures are proof positive that the game was fixed.

A low blow, more so coming from a man with "standards".

Old January 17th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
jr

*A low blow, more so coming from a man with "standards".*

Maybe I missed something.

Didn't Kingston himself finally agree at ChessCafe that the
Keres-Botvinnik games in the 1948 world championship were
fixed and that the Commies did it?

Old January 17th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Taylor Kingston

jr wrote:
*A low blow, more so coming from a man with "standards".*

Maybe I missed something.

Didn't Kingston himself finally agree at ChessCafe that the
Keres-Botvinnik games in the 1948 world championship were
fixed and that the Commies did it?

If by "the games were fixed" you mean the actual moves were prepared
in advance, no, I have never said that. If you mean that Keres' play
was adversely affected by outside pressure, I would agree.
However, I do not base that on anything Evans presented in his
10/1996 Chess Life article. I consider his article to be badly flawed,
even seriously misleading at one point. His "inference from analysis"
approach is about as meaningful as reading goat entrails.

Old January 17th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

THE ANSWER IS YES

The word that NM Taylor Kingston is groping for is yes.

He did say the games were fixed, though he now tries to finesse it.

He did say the Commies did it.