Old January 16th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Say No To g4

Default A Chess Riddle

If Louis Blair were a vegetable, which one would it be? (answer tomorrow)

Old January 17th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
MKP

Say No To g4 wrote:
If Louis Blair were a vegetable, which one would it be? (answer tomorrow)

A radish.

Old January 17th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Say No To g4

If Louis Blair were a vegetable, which one would it be?

I thought this one was easy, but no one found the solution. Answer below.

A parsnip. (parse and snip)

Old January 17th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Vince Hart

That's not bad.

Old January 18th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

PARRSNIP?

We have a quiz. I don't believe that Louie Blair
is a head of romaine lettuce nor even a cabbage head.

A pepper -- nope, not spicy enough.

Possibly an avocado, if it were a vegetable? Don't think so.

Nor, to be sure, a rutabaga or a turnip.

A parrsnip? One is tempted by that one. But no.

An ear of corn? I think not.

A green pea? He is chilly but not yet flash frozen.

A leek? Ah, well. But no.

My guess -- and I emphasize that I am only
guessing -- is an egg plant.

Old January 18th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Vince Hart

That, on the other hand, is verbal flatulence.

Old January 18th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
MKP

Say No To g4 wrote:
If Louis Blair were a vegetable, which one would it be?

...A parsnip. (parse and snip)

And radishes have a tendency to repeat.

Old January 19th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Say No To g4

We have a quiz. I don't believe that Louie Blair
is a head of romaine lettuce nor even a cabbage head.

I say it's a riddle, but Parr says quiz.

Larry Parr, of course, produces no quote to back
this up. (Did I say it right, Louie?)

A pepper -- nope, not spicy enough.

Possibly an avocado, if it were a vegetable? Don't think so.

Nor, to be sure, a rutabaga or a turnip.

A parrsnip? One is tempted by that one. But no.

An ear of corn? I think not.

Corn is technically a grain, even though many of us refer to it as
a vegetable.

A green pea? He is chilly but not yet flash frozen.

Peas are technically legumes (beans) not vegetables.

However, the essential amino acids in a whole grain complement the
essential amino acids in a legume. Thus, whole grain + legume = protein.

A leek? Ah, well. But no.

My guess -- and I emphasize that I am only
guessing -- is an egg plant.

But you offer no supporting evidence for your guess, not even
a quote. Nevertheless, you are under no obligation to provide
adequate reasons for your guess. (see Louie, I'm learning)

Old January 19th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Say No To g4

"MKP" wrote in message
ps.com...

Say No To g4 wrote:
If Louis Blair were a vegetable, which one would it be?

...A parsnip. (parse and snip)

And radishes have a tendency to repeat.

Besides being a play on words, a parsnip is also a bland-looking, colorless
vegetable.