Old January 17th 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Default Jen Shahade: CHESS BITCH (appropriate title)

She is the latest in a long line of mediocre American players to cash in
(like Waitzkin with his $300,000 book deal), while our *very best* players
do without.

I guess if one is a whining female in her early twenties willing to put on a
nightgown for a book cover, that's all that matters.

Given what she had for a dad, however, it's not like I expected anything
more.

Dumb ****.

Old January 17th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

I guess if one is a whining female in her early twenties willing to put on
a nightgown for a book cover, that's all that matters.

Minor correction: that should read "cocktail dress."

Old January 17th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Ray Gordon wrote:
She is the latest in a long line of mediocre American players to cash in
(like Waitzkin with his $300,000 book deal), while our *very best* players
do without.

I guess if one is a whining female in her early twenties willing to put on a
nightgown for a book cover, that's all that matters.

Given what she had for a dad, however, it's not like I expected anything
more.

Dumb ****.

Have you read her book?

Old January 17th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Dear Mr. Gordon,

Your comments are incredibly rude and destructive of everything we're
trying to do in promoting chess. Your core opinion seems to be that it
is a shame that other players whom you consider more worthy haven't
achieved what she has. The cheap shot about her father was about as
low as you can go. Because of postings like yours, some of us are
trying to create a USCF forum which will allow a great latitude in the
way of free expression, but hopefully, and with great restraint,
censoring the worst of what you've posted here. I don't know how old
you are, but you need to grow up.

Joel Channing

Old January 17th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Dear Mr. Gordon,

Your comments are incredibly rude and destructive of everything we're
trying to do in promoting chess. Your core opinion seems to be that it
is a shame that other players whom you consider more worthy haven't
achieved what she has. The cheap shot about her father was about as
low as you can go.

You're on the USCF board and I consider this posting from you to be made in
your official capacity.

Do you know what her dad does for a living? I do, and so do many other
chessplayers.

Because of postings like yours, some of us are
trying to create a USCF forum which will allow a great latitude in the
way of free expression, but hopefully, and with great restraint,
censoring

"proud to be an American..."

the worst of what you've posted here. I don't know how old
you are, but you need to grow up.

Expressing one's opinion is grown up. Censorship is not.

Old January 17th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Res ipsa loquitur.

Joel Channing

Old January 17th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Wow, he got silent pretty quick when I asked what Michael Shahade does for a
living.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Res ipsa loquitur.

Joel Channing

Old January 17th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Ray,

I know what her father is supposed to do and it has nothing to do with
her as a person or a chess player. Come on Ray, this is childish.
Please stop it. And, by the way, you didn't tell me how old you are.

Joel

Old January 17th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Ray,

I know what her father is supposed to do

Thanks for sharing.

and it has nothing to do with
her as a person or a chess player. Come on Ray, this is childish.
Please stop it.

Free speech is a bitch.

Just so you know, Mr. Channing, I was defamed during the kibitzing of a
rated USCF event, on a server where I could not defend myself. The log was
then posted here. USCF didn't do ****.

Old January 17th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Ray,

I know what her father is supposed to do

What, pray tell, is THAT?