Old January 18th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Taylor Kingston

Default Phil Innes, Prosecuting Barrister

On 17 January 2006, Phil Innes wrote:
"Even Taylor Kingston and I - who are not on the best of terms - both
agree that the original chesscafe bid was nuts - was unlikely to
perform to its stated level."

Taylor Kingston replied:
"Phil, we're still waiting for you to show us the quote where I
supposedly said this. Or are you taking the attitude of Alfonso Bedoya
n Treasure of the Sierra Mad 'Quotations? We don't have to show you
any steenking quotations!'"

To which Innes replied: "Anyone can go search for it if they like,
but they had better look at my posts, not Mr. Snips."

So, Phil, Is that how it works in Cornish law? Ah, I can just see the
scene, like the film version of "Witness for the Prosecution":

Bailiff: Oyez, Oyez! Her Majesty's Court is now in session.
Judge: Mr. Innes, state the charge.
Phil: That on or about some date or other, Taylor Kingston did say
"the original chesscafe bid was nuts."
Judge: A serious charge. Your evidence?
Phil: Your honor may go and search for it, if you like.
Judge: Case dismissed! The prisoner is free to go. Mr. Innes, you are
disbarred for life.