Old January 23rd 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Default Okay I have an idea for REAL revenue generation

How about this:

USCF has a chess server that isn't doing much relative to say an ICC. Is
there a way to change this? You bet.

On ICC, you can watch GM games as part of your membership, and go through
their libraries and histories. What you can't do, however, is get paid
every time someone watches you play. Players like Nakamura attract crowds
of 500-1,000 people every time they play. Why shouldn't they be paid for
this?

USCF could set up a "pay per view" system for people who want to watch the
GMs play, and a subscription model for those who wish to download the game
scores. It could share the revenue generated with the top players, who
would have a greater incentive to continue training, and who could generate
money for themselves and the federation by doing what they should be doing
in the first place: training.

Old January 23rd 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

The USCF can also set a pay per view deal each time Sam Sloan ****s a
virgin. Isn't this why they keep him around? He can train all the old
farts who rule the USCF but can no longer get it up.

Cheers!