Old January 23rd 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Richard

Default False Statement Regarding Michael Badnarik

Sam Sloan wrote:
On 1/22/06, David Macko wrote:

I attempted to respond directly to one of Sam Sloan's
comments in a very recent posting regarding the
Libertarian Party of Manhattan. Some sort of computer problem,
(possibly a virus?) prevented me from doing so. The statement
regarding Michael Badnarik, our candidate for president
in 2004, is incorrect. Mr. Badnarik called for withdrawal
of all US troops from Iraq in 90 days. This statement was made in
an advertisement or brief interview which I recall on CNN as well
as the article in The American Free Press which reported on the
critical positions of the six major candidates for president.
Mr. Sloan, as I am unable to do so, I request that you issue a
correction to all those who read your erroneous statement.

For life and liberty,
David Macko
Region Representative,
Libertarian Party of Northeast Ohio

Dear Mr. Macko,

You are wrong and my statement is correct.

I met Michael Badnarik at the hotel after going to JFK Airport to
receive him. I was working as a limo driver at the time and the
Libertarian Party Chairman asked me to go to the airport and pick him
up and bring him to Manhattan. However, Mr. Badnarik refused the ride
to Manhattan and said that he wanted to rest in the airport hotel.

I later asked Mr. Badnarik this specific question about withdrawing
our troops from Iraq when he debated the Green Party Candidate in
Manhattan.

I asked Mr. Badnarik to call for the immediate withdrawal of US troops
from Iraq.

Mr. Badnarik replied that we should begin a phased withdrawal from
Iraq over the next year (which was almost exactly what John Kerry was
stating).

At no time did Mr. Badnarik call for an immediate withdrawal from
Iraq.

It is possible that later in the campaign as more and more
Libertarians critiziced him for not calling for our troops to be
brought home from Iraq, that he shortened the time period within which
this withdrawal should take place, but I am certain that he NEVER said
that our troops should be brought home immediately.

If you can provide a contrary quote, please do so.

Sam Sloan

And once again, I find myself wondering why Mr. Sloan cross-posted this
to the groups that he did. What exactly does this have to do with
chess?

--Richard

Old January 23rd 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Ray Gordon

Nothing. Mr. Sloan is just being himself, a complete psychotic asshole.

Cheers!