Old February 2nd 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Default USCF Board STILL has Fischer Envy

Can't beat 'em? BAN EM!!!

Does that make the small-dick types who comprise the chess establishment in
the United States feel better?

The only thing worse than USCF revoking Fischer's membership is any member
who remains in the organization afterwards, standing down in the face of the
ultimate chess injustice. May their speech be the next that is targeted for
membership removal.

Every true American chessplayer should refuse to asociate with USCF until
they do the right thing and reinstate Fischer.

Old February 2nd 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

I agree that the USCF should reinstate Fischer but disagree with
a boycott on US chess. Ironically, it is because of Fischer that
I am a USCF member.

Old February 2nd 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Louis Blair

If Fischer does not want to be a member, then we should
not have him on the membership list. It seems to me that
Fischer has made it clear that he does not want to be a
member.

"[']As far as the US Chess Federation goes, I have nothing
to do with them, I consider them to be a pro-Soviet, criminal
organization, terrible people. I would like... I would
appreciate it if all of my fans cancelled their subscriptions to
their horrible magazine Chess Life - I call it Chess Lies - and
withdrew from the membership of this organization. I haven't
been a member of this organization for, I don't know, maybe
for about 17 years or something. I have a strict practice not to
open Chess Life, since 1976 I haven't looked, haven't
touched it. I see the cover, that's it, I never open it. Also, the
US Chess Federation even now, I told them I'm not a member
of the organization and I have nothing to do with them. Until
recently, they were still using my name, saying I'm a member,
trying to solicit memberships using my name. This is the kind
of people they are.[' - Fischer] --- From the transcript of the
third press conference, September 14, 1992, as printed on
pages 88-89 of No Regrets." - posted by Neil Brennen
(2002-09-28 22:20:33 PST)

"I don't play the old chess anymore, you
know. The old chess is dead. It's been
played out. ... I don't play the old chess
anymore. I play the Fischer-Random, see.
I don't play old chess anymore, period.
... I'm finished with the old chess. It's
rotten to the core. ... If you knew the
truth about the old chess, you wouldn't
have any interest in it, either." - Fischer (2002)

Old February 2nd 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

I thought Bobby was expelled from the USCF in 2002 for his political
views, not because he requested it. I still have the quote from USCF:

"The U.S. Chess Federation disassociates itself from the remarks made by
Robert J. Fischer about the terrorist actions. The U.S.C.F. Executive
Board expresses the deepest sympathy for the victims of the tragedies
and the strongest condemnation of the actions of the terrorists. Mr.
Fischer will be informed that his membership may be revoked."

And who is the "we" in your statment? I'm a USCF member, so don't
count me as part of your "we"!

- CF

Old February 2nd 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Louis Blair

_

Chess Freak wrote (Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:46:16 -0800):

I thought Bobby was expelled from the USCF in
2002 for his political views, not because he
requested it.

_
No matter what the 2002 reason was, it does not
make sense to "reinstate Fischer" as a member
of USCF if he does not want to be a member.

_
Chess Freak wrote (Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:46:16 -0800):

And who is the "we" in your statment? I'm a USCF
member, so don't count me as part of your "we"!

_
I am not saying that all USCF members agree on
this matter. I am saying that, in view of Fischer's
publicly expressed wishes, the USCF should not
put him on the membership list.

Old February 3rd 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

If I play 100-200 bullet games on ICC daily, I can reach Fischer's
level in 5 years.

Old February 3rd 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

"Louis Blair" wrote in message oups.com...
| _
| No matter what the 2002 reason was, it does not
| make sense to "reinstate Fischer" as a member
| of USCF if he does not want to be a member.

If the USCF reinstate's Fischer, I'll donate $500 to the USCF.

There, now it makes sense.

- CF

Old February 4th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Mike Nolan

"Louis Blair" writes:

I am not saying that all USCF members agree on
this matter. I am saying that, in view of Fischer's
publicly expressed wishes, the USCF should not
put him on the membership list.

Bobby Fischer has not been on the USCF membership list since he requested
that the USCF stop sending him 'Chess Lies' in the 1970's.

He was never assigned a USCF ID when the USCF first issued them. The
Board's action following 9/11 was purely symbolic.
--
Mike Nolan

Old February 4th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Fischer is my hero. The USCF should reinstate him immediately so I can
play bullet against him.