Old February 5th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
chessdon

Default Jennifer Shahade

I have made a posting at the USCF website on USCF issues regarding the
hiring of Jennifer Shahad which should answer most of the questions
raised here.

Sign up for the USCF web site and get factual information and avoid
anonymice!

Don Schultz

Old February 5th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
jr

*I have made a posting at the USCF website on USCF issues regarding
the hiring of Jennifer Shahad which should answer most of the questions
raised here.* (Don Schultz)

Please give the link to your article. I can't seem to find it.

I know nothing about this matter. Clearly Jennifer Shahade is an
interesting writer, but what is her web experience? Was this job
advertised beforehand?

What is unusual is the long silence by the board about the issue of
favoritism and what this position actually pays at a time when the USCF
is in financial trouble.

Statement by Greg Shahade on his resignation from the USCF Executive
Board

It is with regret that I find myself forced to resign from the
Executive Board. According to the USCF bylaws it is impossible for an
immediate family member of a EB member to have a paid position within
the USCF. In the midst of the Chess Life interviews and hiring decision
made by the EB (of which I wasn't a part of due to a conflict of
interest), it was decided that Dan Lucas would be the best choice for
editor, but that the USCF should also utilize the skills of my sister,
Jennifer Shahade, as a website content editor. Once it was made clear
to me that the USCF was prepared to consider her for a job, yet could
only do so if I resigned from the board, I felt there was no choice but
to do so.

Our website has been lacking for a long time and often has very
uninteresting news stories and fails to properly cover many of our
major events. I ran on a platform of improving Chess Life and the
website, and I believe that my sister is the perfect person to help
bring our website into the 21st century, and make it the top source for
American chess news. I feel that her having this position is more
important than my position on the Executive Board, and to make this
happen, I feel that my resignation is the best thing for the USCF.

It has been an eye opening experience being part of the USCF Executive
Board and I have high hopes for the future. The current Board has a
good rapport with one another and every one of them are very dedicated
to improving American Chess. I am also very impressed with the job that
Bill Goichberg is doing as President of the Board. When I first was
elected I was not so sure that he was the right person for the
Presidency but during my time on the board I feel that he is by far the
best candidate for the position and as long as he is the president I
have optimism that the USCF will make responsible and well thought out
decisions.

Greg Shahade

Old February 5th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Ray Gordon

Default Don Schultz tries to blame others

Why wasn't the website content position opened for the public? This is
about the USCF, a member organization of 83,000 members, not the Don
Schultz and company club. It should have been opened to the public. You
blew it again Schultzy!

What does it say about the Shahades and their ethics? Chess ****
Shahade is willing to allow her brother to resign from his EB position,
affecting 83,000 members so she can go for a high paying job with the
USCF. That's because she can't get a job elsewhere. She has zero
experience.

Old February 5th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Taylor Kingston

chessdon wrote:
I have made a posting at the USCF website on USCF issues regarding the
hiring of Jennifer Shahad which should answer most of the questions
raised here.

Don, readers who have not signed up for the USCF Forums can't view
this. It might be worthwhile for you to post your statement here also,
since it directly rebuts some of the misinformation posted here about
Ms. Shahade's hiring.

Old February 5th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

They needed time to cover up this mess. That is why Parr, Sloan and
Innes are all so quiet. If no one spoke up, Chess **** Shahade would
have gotten $75,000 without any professional experience. News to
everyone else! Paul Hoffman is a buddy of the Shahades. They never
opened up this position to any other applicant. It's like passing money
around to each other while this federation is losing money. Typical
Schultz. Now he wants to hide in the USCF forum.

Old February 5th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
chessdon

Here is the link:

http://www.uschess.org/forums/viewfo...977da323 e62d

You can also get to it by working your way through the USCF website;
www.uschess.org

The USCF forum is open to everyone as Mike Nolan previously stated. To
post you have to sign up and be a member but to read the material there
- membership not required. I would like to see non members be able to
post as well as members and that topic will no doubt be discussed in
open session at the USCF EB Board meeting held i conjunction with the
coming US Amateur Team East.

By the way the USCF just gave a strong endorsement of Bessel Kok to
replace Kirsan Ilyumzhinov as President of FIDE. Our endorsement is
posted on the Bessel kpk for President website. I'll look up the web
address and place it here.

Don Schultz

Old February 5th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Now that the heat is getting too much, they will switch Shahade with
Hoffman who also has no experience is chess web contents. The job was
never opened up to the public. Why Schultzy? Why? Hoffman is an
excellent writer but this is not a writing job. Hoffman is also not a
full time chess person. This switch has to be made to cover up the mess
that Schultz and company have created. Shame on you Schultzy! Shame on
you!

Old February 5th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Mike Nolan

"Taylor Kingston" writes:

chessdon wrote:
I have made a posting at the USCF website on USCF issues regarding the
hiring of Jennifer Shahad which should answer most of the questions
raised here.

Don, readers who have not signed up for the USCF Forums can't view
this. It might be worthwhile for you to post your statement here also,
since it directly rebuts some of the misinformation posted here about
Ms. Shahade's hiring.

it is not currently necessary to 'sign up' for access to the USCF Forums
to read them.

To read Don's statement, go to http://www.uschess.org/forums, it is
in the 'USCF Issues' area. (As I understand it, phpBB does not support
direct links to specific posts, since it stores everything in a database and
uses dynamic web page generation techniques to render posts for viewing,
though it is possible to generate links that invoke a search for a specific
post.)

It is also not currently necessary to be a USCF member to post to the forums,
though posters must go through a signup and e-mail based validation process
in order to be granted posting privileges.

It is possible that our web consultant, Paul Hoffman, will be proposing
changes to the forums which will make access to the forums (or only
perhaps to some portion of the forums) a membership benefit, which would
require some changes to the forum software to check the status of someone's
USCF membership.
--
Mike Nolan

Old February 5th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Ray Gordon

Default Don Schultz gave Hoffman a $75K a year position

Paul Hoffman has been handed Shahade's job of $75,000. He also has zero
experience in designing chess websites or chess contents. How typical
of Schultz, giving jobs to friends and buddies.

WHY WASN'T THE JOB OPENED TO THE PUBLIC IF IT IS SO IMPORTANT???

Schultz is ducking the question as usual.

Old February 5th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

On 5 Feb 2006 09:54:48 -0800, "Ray Gordon"
wrote:

Paul Hoffman has been handed Shahade's job of $75,000. He also has zero
experience in designing chess websites or chess contents. How typical
of Schultz, giving jobs to friends and buddies.

WHY WASN'T THE JOB OPENED TO THE PUBLIC IF IT IS SO IMPORTANT???

Schultz is ducking the question as usual.

You just gave us one false rumor.

Now, are you giving us another?