Old February 10th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Who is Joshua Casey-Rosa?

A Wikipedia page I created has just been modified by somebody else to
say that the new USCF Executive Director is Joshua Casey-Rosa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executi...s_Fed eration

Is this true?

A week ago I heard a rumor that Bill Hall had resigned. I dicounted it
because nobody else had heard it.

But is it true?

Old February 10th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
John J.

Wikipedia sucks. Any idiot can post any type of information, right or wrong
with no verification at all. It's just an ego trip, that's all.

Old February 10th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Paul Rubin

(Sam Sloan) writes:
A week ago I heard a rumor that Bill Hall had resigned. I dicounted it
because nobody else had heard it.

But is it true?

http://www.uschess.org/about/contactstafflisting.php

You could always pick up the phone tomorrow and ask whoever answers
his extension.
Old February 10th 06, 09:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Ralf Callenberg

John J. wrote:
Wikipedia sucks. Any idiot can post any type of information, right or wrong
with no verification at all. It's just an ego trip, that's all.

Usenet sucks. Any idiot can post any type of information, right or wrong
with no verification at all. It's just an ego trip, that's all.
Old February 10th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Andrew Zito

Default I heard Sam Sloan had died

I heard Sam Sloan had died. Is it true?

Old February 10th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
samsloan

Andrew Zito wrote:
I heard Sam Sloan had died. Is it true?

Yes. He did.

Andrew Zito called him at 2:00 o'clock in the morning again and, when
he realized that he was going to have to answer another one of these
calls, he just died.

It was so sad.

Old February 10th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Ian Burton

"Andrew Zito" wrote in message
ups.com...
I heard Sam Sloan had died. Is it true?

That wasn't Sloan; it was Leko.
--
Ian Burton
(Please reply to the Newsgroup)

Old February 11th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Andrew Zito

They both died, together?

Old February 11th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Ambassador

I really doubt Bill Hall resigned.

I told him that he was working for losers about a month ago, and he
ought to resign to have an opportunity to succeed. Last month, Mr. Hall
was not even going to think about resigning.

I do not see how you can succeed at a job where you are judged - for
example - a retired IBM executive who desires to emulate in Chess the
power that he could never achieve in business.

How can you work for people who are losers, and keep running for the
same offices over and over again? Most of these people (but not all) do
not want to give back; they want to volunteer the corporation into
bankruptcy.

If he resigned, I think he has a good reason to quit.

Marcus Roberts

Old February 11th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Mike Nolan

"Ambassador" writes:

I really doubt Bill Hall resigned.

I was in the staff meeting in Crossville when this rumor first broke.
Bill was rather amused when he got a call on his cellphone asking him
if he had resigned.

We asked Bill if that meant the staff meeting would be shorter than usual.
He said no. It wasn't, either.
--
Mike Nolan