Old February 16th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Default USCF dues *could* be abolished...if they wanted to

Their dues structure is outdated.

USCF should use its existing mailing list to build a revenue-stream that
generates x amount of dollars per member through chess-related commerce.

If they don't do it, ICC probably will just take over OTB chess, since you
actually get something for your money.

Old February 16th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

Um. For starters, ICC is more corrupt than USCF, is a for-profit
corporation, and it's a INTERNET CHESS SERVER, not a OTB CHESS
SERVER, and it's rating system stinks.

Besides, if you want zero dollar chess games, play on FICS.

Old February 18th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

ICC is the best. I play there. I'm the master in bullet.