Old February 26th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Ray Gordon

Default Sloan admits that he has a crush on Marinello

An endorsement from Sloan is like a kiss of death. It seems that he
likes Marinello now. Does he still want to convert her?

Old February 27th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Ray,

It's me, your friend, Joel Channing. You've got to stop this mean,
indecent behaviour if we're going to let you post with the big boys on
the USCF Forum.

Old February 27th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Ray Gordon

Channing, did you receive my notices? I ain't going anywhere dude. Are
you letting Nolan protect your ass?

Old February 27th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Chess Freak

Yeah, like you just replied to a fake Joel.

"Ralf Callenberg" wrote in message
You've got to stop this mean,
indecent behaviour if we're going to let you post with the big boys on
the USCF Forum.

What I regard a really marvelling: there are now several people who can't
tell that they are talking to a joker posting under the name "Ray Gordon",
although this rubbish is quite obvious.

Greetings,
Ralf

Old February 27th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Duncan Oxley

It's starting to look like there is a concerted effort to drive
people to the USCF moderated board.

Duncan

Chess Freak wrote:
Yeah, like you just replied to a fake Joel.

Well, possibly, but at least, this wouldn't be so obvious.
has posted several times, over Google, from
the same IP. People answered, amongst them you, but nobody claimed, that
this were a fake identity.

Greetings,
Ralf

Old February 27th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
[email protected]

Not drive - attract.

Joel Channing

Old February 28th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
[email protected]

Of course, conspiracy. Joel Channing

Old February 28th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
[email protected]

NOLANLAND

When posters flood the newsgroup with phony (mostly)

Sloan and Ray Gordon posts, it appears to some of us that their
goal is to make the rec.games.chess.politics and ...misc newsgroups
unusable. The limited wit and creativity embodied in these posts has
long
since been exhausted -- they're just irritating. It seems more than
coincidence that this abuse peaked about the time a few folks announced
their intention to abandon the unmoderated groups for the moderated
"official"
USCF forum. So, "drive" seems more a more fitting verb than "attract",
at least
from my knothole. -- Mike Murray

The USCF leadership wants to close down these forums.
No doubt about that. The question is what will be used to
bring about a desired end.

I have no idea who is behind the fake postings,
though that ancient query "cui bono?" (who benefits?)
is always the first question to ask.

But there is good news here.

All of you: take a look at what Nolanland has
done to Bill Brock. A few months in the Land of
Moderated Moderation, and you have a Mad Hatter
who, as one poster put it, "is off his meds again."

Can we not all agree -- from hoary hairless
heavy Louie Blair to heathen hirsute homunculus Hedwig
Bleibtrau -- that the USCF leadership owes the
American chess community an abject, grovelling apology
for what it has done not only to Mr. Brock but to
others who have not been so fortunate as to emerge
emotionally scathed yet still marginally sentient from Nolanland?

Nolanland makes Gitmo look almost as good as one of
Mussolini's prisons.