Old February 27th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ambassador

Default FIDE applicationfor new United States national affiliate

One option in dealing with USCF corruption is to revolt. We can all
play Chess without Bill Hall's permission. Further, we can overthrow
Bill Hall, and fire him. This would mean a USCF boycott, and a goal of
bankrupting the current national affiliate.

One of the interesting jobs the FIDE Delegates annually perform is
deciding who represents each nation in FIDE. Any legal entity can apply
for membership. A US based rival to the USCF FIDE SEAT can contact me
for succession procedures. American Steven Doyle has challenged other
nation's seats. I will challenge the United States right to exist in
FIDE, if it is the public will.

This will be an uphill battle. The better solution might be for Texas,
California, and New York might be to apply for associate status in
FIDE. The real problem is the difficulty of earning FIDE titles in the
U.S.

As a NEW FIDE Delegate, I should be able to place any membership
application directly on the 2007 General Assembly in Turkey.

Any independence minded people feel free to contact me.

I intend to revoke and get a full refund for my life membership in the
USCF because I have been locked out of the tournament director website
by Bill Hall and Mike Nolan. I guess since am too dumb to direct a
chess tournament, so perhaps I can start a revolution.

Sincerely

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Old February 27th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Mike Nolan

"Ambassador" writes:

I intend to revoke and get a full refund for my life membership in the
USCF because I have been locked out of the tournament director website
by Bill Hall and Mike Nolan. I guess since am too dumb to direct a
chess tournament, so perhaps I can start a revolution.

Mr. Roberts is not currently a certified TD, his local TD certificate
having lapsed several years ago.

As he is not currently a certified TD, he was not given access to the
USCF's TD/Affiliate Support Area. Should he be recertified as a TD, he
would then be eligible for access to the TD/Affiliate Support Area.

The last time I checked, FIDE had no mention on its website whatsoever of
any pending application from St. Kitts and Nevis.
--
Mike Nolan

Old February 27th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

As he is not currently a certified TD, he was not given access to the
USCF's TD/Affiliate Support Area. Should he be recertified as a TD, he
would then be eligible for access to the TD/Affiliate Support Area.

Why would any USCF member be locked out of such a forum? The
information would be valuable to a player as well....

This speaks against USCF claiming their fora are free and open to
all.....

Old February 27th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Duncan Oxley

Most of the content the the TD/Affiliate Support Area is for
TD's to upload crosstables, pay for memberships submitted
to them at events etc. The general public would not be interested.
Nor do they need to be in there I suppose. There are no fourms
in the support area that I have noticed although I have not looked.

Duncan

ups.com...

Old February 27th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Mike Nolan

" writes:

As he is not currently a certified TD, he was not given access to the
USCF's TD/Affiliate Support Area. Should he be recertified as a TD, he
would then be eligible for access to the TD/Affiliate Support Area.

Why would any USCF member be locked out of such a forum? The
information would be valuable to a player as well....

This speaks against USCF claiming their fora are free and open to
all.....

This is not the USCF Forums (http://www.uschess.org/forums), which have
topics on tournament organization and direction that are open for all,
including people who are not USCF members, this is the TD/Affiliate Support
Area (https://secure.uschess.org/TD_Affil), where TDs and affiliates can
submit rating reports and memberships sold at tournaments.

If you are not a certified TD, what need would you have to submit rating
reports?
--
Mike Nolan

Old March 1st 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

You are 100% correct Mike. I made a quick assumption (imagine that!)