Old March 1st 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ange1o DePa1ma

Default "Grandmasters"

I write for 7-8 pharmaceutical industry trade publications. Not one of my
editors is a "grandmaster" of his/her particular subject. There are a couple
of "2300 players" but even they did not work in the field on which they now
publish. You could say I was a GM in pharm but that was long ago, and
besides I am only a freelance writer (sometimes given the honorific title of
"editor").

It could be different in other fields, but generally a "Fide 2500" is not
required to be a magazine or web "content" editor. Hence, Jenn Shahade's
chess playing abilities are *probably* secondary to other skills required to
do whatever the hell it is that she is supposed to do for the website, for
whatever salary.

Having said that, this conversation is futile because it's a done deal. If
you don't like it, join a different chess federation. That, by the way, is
exactly how *they* want you to feel. USCF is *their* play thing. Always was,
always will be. If you want to play rated chess in this country shut up and
pay your $49. My admiration for those who don't is growing daily.

adp

Old March 2nd 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

A DONE DEAL

Having said that, this conversation is futile
because it's a done deal. If you don't like it,
join a different chess federation. That, by the
way, is exactly how *they* want you to feel.
USCF is *their* play thing. Always was,
always will be. If you want to play rated chess
in this country shut up and pay your $49.
My admiration for those who don't is growing daily. -- adp

Contra Angelo de Palma, I WANT to rejoin the US
Chess Federation and will do so the moment the
organization ceases its de facto support of the social
control of drug testing in chess.

I hate not being a member. I can put up with the
crookedness, the favoritism, the insider crapola and
even the Federation's FIDE "team" taking gifts from
killer Kirsan. For me, the breaking point was when
the Federation supported drug testing, de facto, in
every chess tournament and match, in competition and
out of competition. For that is what our "team" did
when proposing a resolution to obey WADA.

I cannot accept the logic that we stop talking
about the hiring of Jennifer Shahade because it is a
done deal. That is a version of "it's time to move
on" which excuses every depredation.

Old March 2nd 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
samsloan

Default Sweetheart deal for the Shahades

This was a sweetheart deal to pay off Greg Shahade. A position with
this kind of salary should have been opened to the best candidate. This
is another scam from Goichberg.

Old March 2nd 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Mike Nolan

" writes:

I hate not being a member.

I notice that not being a member has not kept you from gaining access
to the BINFO archives in the Members Only Area, Larry.

Thank you for helping to prove my point that there is no way to restrict
website content just to current USCF members as long as there is some other
member willing to share his or her ID and PIN. :-)
--
Mike Nolan
Old March 2nd 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
samsloan

What did Joel Channing write? Does he exist?

Old March 3rd 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Let me careen towards you yet again :-)

http://www.samsloan.com/girlsgot.htm

Let's start out slowly. (I know you don't enjoy arguments based on
evidence, so I'll be gentle this time.)

Top row, fifth image from the left (captioned "Burmese Girl in
Thailand'). Does the face look familiar?

Old March 3rd 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

It's useful to note that Parr seems to find no alternative to ad
hominem.

Facing the evidence seems to be too difficult for him.

Enough of rgckf for tonight: for substantive discussions, we'll see you
in Nolanland!