Old May 3rd 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Jerzy

Default Nigel Freeman is supporting Kirsan Ilyumzhinov

I have found out lately that Mr. Nigel Freeman is supporting Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov in the forthcoming FIDE election :

http://www.chessfidelity.com/elections.php?txt_id=101

He is the President of the Bermuda Chess Association and the candidate for
FIDE Treasurer.

Any comments ?

Old May 3rd 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
chessdon

Jerzy wrote:
I have found out lately that Mr. Nigel Freeman is supporting Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov in the forthcoming FIDE election :

http://www.chessfidelity.com/elections.php?txt_id=101

He is the President of the Bermuda Chess Association and the candidate for
FIDE Treasurer.

Any comments ?

Nigel is a good man who, like some others, has gone astray. He has made
a mistake by choosing to run as Treasurer on the Ilyumzhinov ticket.

Perhaps his first unpleasant job as Treasurer Candidate will be to
explain the continued unavailability of a 2005 Auditor's report and
cover letter recommendations..I say perhaps because I'm told they will
be ready by the time of the GA - we shall see. Even if the audit is
completed and available many details of expenses and income will remain
invisible to the auditor, the Treasurer and the Verification
Commission. I'm talking about such things as the World Chess
Foundation's role if FIDE's finances, the failure of FIDE to require
financial statements of those to whom lucrative events are awarded.

Nigel, I know you would never go back on your word and leave the
Ilyumzhinov ticket. I also know that when Bessel wins the election that
you will continue to contribute and be a najor part of FIDE's
reformation under the astute leadership of Bessel and his team.

Don Schultz