Old May 5th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default All Quiet on Chess Life Front

THE VANISHING

The May Chess Life has arrived without any explanation for why
columns by Robert Byrne and Michael Rohde have vanished. Just silence.
Without so much as a gracious thank you for all their good work in the
past.

In June America's most famous (sane!) grandmaster will also
vanish. We wonder if the same silent treatment will be accorded to
Evans On Chess, one of two of the most popular columns in the magazine
according to all reader surveys.

Meanwhile the 5-time U.S. Champion went out with a bang -- quoting
precisely what FIDE and USCF chess policticians hate to hear. You can
bet that his replacement (if any) will toe the party line.

Expect no more controversy in our good old Chess Life. Just silence.

THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH: "At one time, FIDE's rules involved the
imposition of fines of up to a quarter of a million dollars for a
failed drug test and up to a million dollars for refusing to take a
test. That's FIDE's vision for chess: a quarter of a million
dollars for taking a cold remedy which can't possibly improve your
play. One would have thought that national federations would have had a
duty to protect their players from such blatantly unjust regulations,
but in fact most of the leading federations were amazingly quiet on the
subject." -- GM John Nunn

Old May 6th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
[email protected]

BORN IN THE USA

I agree with you about the sane part, although Yasser Seirwan, Pal
Benko, and maybe even Robert Byrne can make the claim you make for
Evans for various reasons (candidates match participants, opening named
after them, more active of late, etc.). It would be an interesting
debate. -- Randy Bauer

Only GM Evans and GM Byrne were born in the United States.
Both of them were summarily fired without a word to readers.

Anyway, it's nice to know that Mr. Bauer and I agree on
something.

Old May 6th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

Default All Quiet on Child Molestation Front

Once again, here's the question Larry Parr has yet to answer. Perhaps
GM Evans could make the identification for him?

The latest charge is that the girl in question, whose age is unknown,

is the same girl as another girl with whom Sam claims to have had sex.
We have no proof they are the same, and we do not know their age.

Right click on the fifth picture, top row, in
http://www.ishipress.com/girlsgot.htm : you'll find that the file name
is burmese2.jpg (at http://www.ishipress.com/burmese2.jpg )

Right click on the picture in http://www.samsloan.com/burmese2.htm:
you'll find that the file name is burmese2.jpg (at
http://www.samsloan.com/burmese2.jpg )

Same photo, same file name.

Does Larry Parr still contend that "[w]e have no proof they are the
same [girl]"?

Old May 6th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

oops: repairing typo in one of the links

[...] Right click on the picture in
http://www.samsloan.com/burmese2.htm [etc...]

Old May 6th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Randy Bauer

wrote:
BORN IN THE USA

I agree with you about the sane part, although Yasser Seirwan, Pal
Benko, and maybe even Robert Byrne can make the claim you make for
Evans for various reasons (candidates match participants, opening named
after them, more active of late, etc.). It would be an interesting
debate. -- Randy Bauer

Only GM Evans and GM Byrne were born in the United States.
Both of them were summarily fired without a word to readers.

Anyway, it's nice to know that Mr. Bauer and I agree on
something.

We also agree on drug testing and OMOV. I'm a little less agreeable on
your definition of American grandmasters. Seirwan was born elsewhere
but spent nearly his entire life in this country. I'd probably grant
you Pal Benko, though.

Randy Bauer

Old May 6th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
[email protected]

CHANGING NAME OF THREAD

We also agree on drug testing and OMOV. I'm a little less agreeable
on
your definition of American grandmasters. Seirwan was born elsewhere
but spent nearly his entire life in this country. I'd probably grant
you Pal Benko, though. -- Randy Bauer

Does Mr. Bauer also agree that it was despicable of his ally Bill
Brock to change the name of this thread to All Quiet on the
Child Molestation Front (and snip it from the rgcm version)?

Old May 6th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

Default All Quiet on Child Molestation Front (let's keep rgckf matters out of rgcm)

What would you like me to say, Parr?

Hello rgcm! Larry Parr asked me to tell you that he's endorsed the
child molester Sam Sloan.

You haven't answered me on the Bauer wager. Do you need 1,000 / 1 odds
($10 wins $10,000, max)? We can do that....

Old May 6th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
[email protected]

WHAT TO EXPECT

If you want to know what the new editor considers better than
Evans or Byrne or Rohde, look at the two pages devoted to
problem solving in May 2006 (pages 42-3) as well as retaining
Key Crackers (page 52).