Old May 4th 06, 07:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Duncan Oxley

Default No Offers?!?

Chess Reporter and Writer Mig Greengard is reporting NO OFFERS for the
Candidates Matches.
-
"A letter from FIDE confirms that as of last week, no offers to host any of
the eight planned candidates matches have been received."
-
Look he
http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/...es_matches.htm
-

Cheers,
Duncan

Old May 6th 06, 07:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

"There is simply no mechanism in Ilyumzhinov's FIDE to find
international corporate sponsorship for events like these."

I agree. With a set of people that you can not trust running FIDE, that
hold entire Presidential Board meetings in SECRET, and that
fundementally conduct business to SELF DEAL, anyone would be foolish to
risk any more money than I have risked with FIDE.

The situation is pretty simple: FIDE does not wish to do business with
JEWS or BLACKS. When you have an administration that excludes JEWS
(Lybia) and BLACKS (ST Kitts and Nevis) from the WORLD CHESS
CHAMPIONSHIP in different years, what would make you want to trust
FIDE?

Right now, FIDE's position is that citizens of St Kitts and Nevis have
no legal right to play in the 2006 world chess championship.
Furthermore, JEWS have no legal right to play in the world championship
if offered in Lybia.

Any sponsor would be afraid to touch FIDE. Do you want to sponsor a
RACIST organization?

Marcus Roberts
President, Charleston Chess Association
St Kitts and Nevis

Old May 8th 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

These days there are so many grandmasters that their names have little
commercial value among the broad public. Who cares if Sneezwitzski is
matched against Hopflopenov? The winner should get $200,000? Not
anymore, not these days, not for qualifying rounds.

Old Haasie

Old May 8th 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
David Richerby

wrote:
The situation is pretty simple: FIDE does not wish to do business with
JEWS or BLACKS. When you have an administration that excludes JEWS
(Lybia) and BLACKS (ST Kitts and Nevis) from the WORLD CHESS
CHAMPIONSHIP in different years, what would make you want to trust
FIDE?

Um. Perhaps the reason that people from St Kitts and Nevis can't play
in the World Championship has more to do with the fact that they're
from a country that isn't a FIDE member, rather than the colour of
their skin? After all, I notice that many African and other Caribbean
countries are members of FIDE.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Permanent Spoon (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ piece of cutlery but it'll be there

Old May 9th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Nick

David Richerby wrote:
wrote:
The situation is pretty simple: FIDE does not wish to do business with
JEWS or BLACKS. When you have an administration that excludes
JEWS (Lybia)

That's a false statement by Marcus Roberts.

Roman Parparov, who represents Israel's chess federation,
has written that there were at least several Jewish players
in the 2004 FIDE World Championship in Libya.

Unfortunately, Israeli players were excluded from playing
in the FIDE World Championship in Libya. Earlier, the
US government excluded an Iranian and a Syrian player
from the FIDE World Championship in the United States.

and BLACKS (ST Kitts and Nevis) from the WORLD CHESS
CHAMPIONSHIP in different years, what would make you
want to trust FIDE?

Um. Perhaps the reason that people from St Kitts and Nevis can't play
in the World Championship has more to do with the fact that they're
from a country that isn't a FIDE member, rather than the colour of
their skin? After all, I notice that many African and other Caribbean
countries are members of FIDE.

Please don't confuse Marcus Roberts with the facts.

--Nick

Old May 9th 06, 11:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
David Richerby

Nick wrote:
David Richerby wrote:
wrote:
The situation is pretty simple: FIDE does not wish to do business
with JEWS or BLACKS. When you have an administration that excludes
JEWS (Lybia)

That's a false statement by Marcus Roberts.

Quite. Apart from anything else, there are plenty of Israelis (whom I
assume to be Jewish though, of course, they might not be) in the FIDE
administration.

and BLACKS (ST Kitts and Nevis) from the WORLD CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP
in different years, what would make you want to trust FIDE?

Um. Perhaps the reason that people from St Kitts and Nevis can't
play in the World Championship has more to do with the fact that
they're from a country that isn't a FIDE member, rather than the
colour of their skin? After all, I notice that many African and
other Caribbean countries are members of FIDE.

Please don't confuse Marcus Roberts with the facts.

If you mean, `Please don't confuse what Marcus Roberts says with what
is true,' I try to do my best; if you mean, `Please don't confuse
Marcus Roberts by stating facts,' I'm afraid I can offer absolutely no
guarantees.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Hilarious Perforated Clock (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a clock but it's full of holes
Old May 9th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Nick

David Richerby wrote:
Nick wrote:
David Richerby wrote:
wrote:
The situation is pretty simple: FIDE does not wish to do business
with JEWS or BLACKS. When you have an administration that
excludes JEWS (Lybia)

That's a false statement by Marcus Roberts.

Quite. Apart from anything else, there are plenty of Israelis
(whom I assume to be Jewish though, of course, they might
not be) in the FIDE administration.

Even after I have pointed out (several times) that Roman Parparov,
who represents Israel's chess federation, has written that there
were at least several Jewish players in the 2004 FIDE World
Championship in Libya, several writers in rec.games.chess.*
have liked to reiterate the false statement that all Jewish players
were excluded from the 2004 FIDE World Championship.

and BLACKS (ST Kitts and Nevis) from the WORLD CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP
in different years, what would make you want to trust FIDE?

Um. Perhaps the reason that people from St Kitts and Nevis can't
play in the World Championship has more to do with the fact that
they're from a country that isn't a FIDE member, rather than the
colour of their skin? After all, I notice that many African and
other Caribbean countries are members of FIDE.

Please don't confuse Marcus Roberts with the facts.

If you mean, `Please don't confuse what Marcus Roberts says with
what is true,' I try to do my best; if you mean, `Please don't confuse
Marcus Roberts by stating facts,' I'm afraid I can offer absolutely no
guarantees.

I was just making a sarcastic comment about Marcus
Roberts's evident lack of attention or concern to the facts.

--Nick

Old May 12th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

Hey, Marcus doesn't let facts get in the way of his statements!