Old May 7th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default KIRSAN WANTS US PLAYERS TO TAKE DRUG TEST FOR US CHAMPIONSHIP AND US OPEN

KIRSAN WANTS US PLAYERS TO TAKE DRUG TEST FOR US CHAMPIONSHIP AND US
OPEN

I am afraid to tell everyone, but Kirsan Ilyzhimonv, President of
FIDE, wants you to urinate in a cup, in front of somebody else.
Furthermore, the observer can be a TRANSVITE former President of the
Texas Chess Association who changed from a man to a woman. It doesn't
matter; the opposite sex can watch you urinate!

Marcus Roberts

Old May 7th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

I didn't know you were a TRANSVITE(sic). I do know that you
are an IMBECILE.

- CF

oups.com...

Old May 7th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Former Texas Chess Assocation President Tony Alston appointed me as a
USCF Delegate in 1991. She changed her sex a few years later. Chess
Freak, you truly lack the political experience and wealth to talk. You
are too afraid to reveal your real identity. First political lesson:
REAL MEN AREN'T AFRAID TO SAY WHO THEY REALLY ARE.

You probably changed your sex also!

Marcus Roberts

Old May 7th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

At the very least, I know how to spell transvestite. Do us all a
favor and use a spell checker.

I fail to see your point: I lack the political experience and wealth
to talk about what? Transvestites??

I'm not interested in your brand of politics, Mr. Roberts. Think
about it for a while. Chess is a game. You want to dedicate your
life fighting over politics for a GAME? Nuff said.

oups.com...

Old May 8th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

No, I want to dedicate my life for fighting over my investments. The
politics about your investments have nothing to do with the game of
chess. With FIDE's current approach, you have something that is
criminal in many aspects. So, for money, I'll fight, and I will win.

Chess, I would like to help chess if I could, but either way, I'll be
as selfish as Kirsan with my money.

Marcus Roberts

Old May 8th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

DRUG TESTING ALL PLAYERS

I am afraid to tell everyone, but Kirsan Ilyzhimonv,
President of FIDE, wants you to urinate in a cup, in
front of somebody else. -- Marcus Roberts

Marcus Roberts is right. The FIDE drug
regulations are subsumed under WADA which provides for
drug testing of any kind, at any place, at any time,
for any reason (known or unknown) of anyone.

Kirsan certainly wants to bring drug testing to
the major Open tournaments in the United States. The
regulations provide for such testing, and the USCF de
facto supports the regulations.

THE ISSUE IS NOT WHAT KIRSAN WANTS.

The issue is what Kirsan can do. Right now, he
does not have the power to make such testing stick,
but we note that FIDE now asserts the right to conduct
out-of-competition testing of top players, which GM Evans
and I predicted would happen.

The ploy is to take drug testing one step at a
time, and the USCF Executive Board will help the
process along, though its members know that although
they support drug testing de facto, they dare not
introduce such testing when the Federation's finances
are so precariously balanced.

As GM Evans put it, "I can't think of a better way than
drug testing to drive people away from chess."

The proponents of drug testing once argued that
such tests would be confined to only world title
matches and a couple of top events. Then came
announcements of out-of-competition testing and
testing lesser players. Now they shut up on that score.

Proponents now try the traditional argument by
derision: It can't ever happen here. That kind of
thing. But it will if the board is not forced to cease
its de facto support of such testing.

Old May 8th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

As a bicycle racer who has been tested several times,
I have to ask: "What's the big deal?". In almost any
sport where money is at stake, you get tested for drugs
to make sure you are not cheating. Why should be any
different for your sport? It isn't a big deal, unless you
cheat.

wrote in message
oups.com...
DRUG TESTING ALL PLAYERS

Old May 8th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?

As a bicycle racer who has been tested several times,

I have to ask: "What's the big deal?". In almost any
sport where money is at stake, you get tested for
drugs to make sure you are not cheating. Why should
be any different for your sport? It isn't a big deal, unless you
cheat. -- Chess Freak

There you have it. Mr. Freak says that he rides
a bicycle and gets tested for drugs. So why shouldn't
chess players also surrender their privacy? Mr. Freak
has no problem with a social control in his sport,
where it makes some sense, and he figures chessplayers
should have no problem with social controls and
invasions of personal privacy in their art, though it
makes no sense at all.

Weightlifters are also tested, and among other
provisions in WADA, they may be disqualified even when
there is no proof that they have taken drugs. Weight
or muscle mass gain per se, in the absence of evidence
that it is drug induced, can destroy a career. Proof
is no longer required.

So, too, one advocate of drug-testing, John
Fernandez, stated that he supported the same for chess
grandmasters. If FIDE wishes to destroy a career
without proof, then "other sports" have similar provisions.

Sorry, GM Yusupov. Your former Soviet masters
hate you for your honesty; and Kirsan detests you for
speaking straight about drug testing. Your career is over.

Or sorry GM Evans. You no longer play, but you
are banned anyway. WADA gives us the power, and we
choose to use it. After all, your own U.S. FIDE
representatives offered the resolution supporting WADA
as the source of our power. Forget about the fact that
chess will never be in the Olympics or that there is no
known drug that ever helped anyone win a chess game.

That's the kind of chess world supported by our
Mr. Freak, and officials and politicians of his kind.
As Dutch GM Hans Ree put the matter, he cries when he
thinks about any self-respecting young intellectual
considering a career in chess. The first thing such a
mind must accommodate is admitted senselessness and
violations of personal privacy.

Old May 8th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Freak

wrote in message
ups.com...

The first thing such a
mind must accommodate is admitted senselessness and
violations of personal privacy.

Huh? I guess you don't get it, do you Mr. Parrthenon?

Chess is not a sport, at least according to the USOC (last
I checked) - so my comments do not apply to chessplayers.
I was speaking in regards to real sports of which chess is not.

I will NOT admit that it is senseless or a violation of privacy
to have to pee in a container. It is just part of the game and one
where I have been bumped up in standings because testing caught
some slimeball who cheated.