Old May 8th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Let's END DRUG TESTING and THROW FIDE OUT OF THE IOC

The Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis
The Charleston Chess Association, LLC
www.stkittsnevischess.org

President
International Olympic Committee

May 7, 2006

Dear Mr. President:

I wish to formally complain of unsportsmanlike like conduct by FIDE,
the world chess association, accredited by the International Olympic
Committee. I am a US Citizen in the process of applying for citizenship
in the sovereign nation of Saint Christopher and Nevis. I have recently
bought a home on St Kitts, and we have formed a national chess
federation and are in the process of applying for membership in FIDE.
At the present time, we have submitted to FIDE all requested documents
for membership to the best of our ability, yet FIDE refuses to seat us
in their General Assembly and denied us a chance to play in the 2006
World Chess Championship. I followed the exact directions for
membership given for membership by FIDE Delegate Allen Herbert of
Barbados and I was still denied a place on the 2006 General Assembly
agenda for membership. I claim the right to play for World Chess
Championship under the flag of Saint Christopher and Nevis. I have no
other chess federation to play under of which I am a member. The only
chess federation of which I am eligible to play is St Kitts and Nevis,
and FIDE refuses to us in! I offered to fly to their recent
Presidential board meeting last April to explain our situation, and
FIDE REFUSED ME ENTRY.

In order to hold the World Chess Championship, the tournament must be
legitimate. The national championships must be advertised in a local
paper. Space must be rented. FIDE knows this, and yet makes up
arbitrary reasons to keep any BLACK nation out of FIDE. Simply out,
FIDE has denied JEWS in the recent past (Libya) entry into the World
Chess Championship, and now they are denying a BLACK country the right
to participate in the World Chess Championship.

I question FIDE's commitment to the principals of the Olympic
Charter. It appears to me that FIDE is making racist policies by
denying any national from St Kitts and Nevis the right to play in the
World Chess Championship. If FIDE refuses to admit us, I ask that the
International Olympic Committee consider expelling FIDE from the
Olympic family. The current purpose of FIDE appears to be to use the
IOC logo for the primary benefit of shielding illegal immigration with
visa assistance into Europe, under the auspices of an Olympic event.
Having pointed this out, certain people in the General Assembly will
never let me vote. I wish to complain that I am never going to be
allowed to vote, if admitted; because I have expressed a view that FIDE
is knowingly breaking the law.

Sincerely,

Marcus Roberts
President, Charleston Chess Association, LLC
Permanent Delegate of Saint Christopher and Nevis to FIDE
(unaccredited)

Old May 8th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Phil Innes

Marcus Roberts is a ****ing lunatic. He must dealt with. Sloan will get
him for sure.

Old May 8th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

The people on St Kitts and Nevis really can't play in the world chess
championship. I agree, I am a lunatic for trying to get a black nation
into FIDE as a white man.

Marcus Roberts

Old May 9th 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

I choose not to compete in the US Chess Championship. I think that the
organizers of the event are quite biased. The US chess rating system is
really screwed up. Politically motivated charges of ratings fraud have
emerged on the floor of Board of Delegates. Lawsuits have emerged over
chess ratings. I have no confidence in the USCF rating system.

Any serious chess player would leave the United States Chess Federation
who had money. I am not saying that I want to be a serious chess
player; I am saying that I choose to compete in a different country for
the world chess championship. FIDE has no power to block a sovereign
nation from joining. Only ignorant people believe that they can keep an
entire nation out of any Olympic Event. Saint Christopher and Nevis has
EVERY RIGHT to play as a full member of the international chess
community.

There are several countries left. If you have enough money, you go
start a national chess federation.

This isn't a question of permission. To imply that St Kitts and Nevis
is the kind of society that Kirsan owns is absurd. This is a childish
position for FIDE to take. We will take our seat in FIDE, and we will
vote it.

Marcus Roberts

Old May 16th 06, 12:16 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[...]

I don,t understand all the fuss about drug testing either.
IT was so much more fun when you could smoke weed in between rounds!
WHAT happens if your on mandatory psychic medications?
IF you go bongers without the meds; does this mean you must give up chess for ever? OR is this drug testing just to weed out the nut cases from tourneys? FIDE is prejudiced against mental cases!! IT,S a conspircy i tell ya!
IF anything the drugs take away from your game not enhance it.
I,D never take a drug test to play. YA know now that I think about it steroids
for a back injury did make jerry lewis head so big I almost didn,t know him on tv. HMMMM wonder if his I.Q went up with that? lol
IF drugs were not good for you why would doctors give them to you? THATS your thought for today.

an 850 player

Old June 4th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
I choose not to compete in the US Chess Championship.

No, you don't. An 1885 player has no choice in the matter. You're not
playing, whether you want to or not. Period.

Any serious chess player would leave the United States Chess Federation
who had money.

Have you renounced your Life Membership yet? If you have, USCF's
website hasn't heard about it. (The Chess Federation who had money??
Odd sentence construction there).

This isn't a question of permission.

It is. FIDE is a private organization that can admit whoever they want.
That they should deny entry to a chess federation that apparently
consists of one solitary Class A player with a long reputation for
mental instability is hardly an outrage even for Kirsan. You may think
you have a right to relevance and importance, but you don't. You're
really nobody, you just can't admit it to yourself.

To imply that St Kitts and Nevis is the kind of society that Kirsan owns is absurd.

To imply that you own it is equally absurd. So far you've been unable
to show any evidence that anyone but you personally is affected. If
you've really got money, you'd be better advised to spend it getting
that megalomania treated than piddling it away on FIDE. Or buy the
Brooklyn Bridge, or whatever people with your condition do.