Old May 14th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Keene on the USCF

MESSAGE FROM GM RAYMOND KEENE

I have had dealings with the USCF since 1986.

Has there ever been a time since then when the leadership of the USCF
truly represented the wishes of its members in terms of

magazine content
chess promotion
whom to support in fide
book and equipment sales policy
transparency of budgeting and expenditure
location of headquarters

If there has been, it must have been a golden age and I missed it!

All I have seen are self seeking politicos with their hands in the tub,
sitting on the fence over crucial issues, waiting to see who wins
before committing themselves, milking the electorate, usually obsessed
with personal vendettas or self promotion, squandering resources and
promoting by nepotism and cabal rather than public interest.

The analogy with British 18th century politics springs to mind, and how
were we rewarded for that? The empire lost America!

Why does this happen so consistently in a democracy?

-- GM Ray Keene

Old May 14th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Vince Hart

ROTFLMAO!

Old May 14th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
John J.

Why would anyone on the West side of the Atlantic give a rats ass about what
Keene says. Heck, he's still smarting from his inability to win the World
Junior Championship way back in 1967 which was won by a relatively unknown
player.

oups.com...

Old May 14th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Terry

"John J." wrote in message
news
Why would anyone on the West side of the Atlantic give a rats ass about
what ody
Keene says. Heck, he's still smarting from his inability to win the World
Junior Championship way back in 1967 which was won by a relatively unknown
player.

From what I have seen in this newsgroup Keene is absolutely correct.

People on the west side of the atlantic dont dont give a rats ass
what anybody else says or thinks about any subject.

Regards

Old May 14th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
DDEckerslyke

You are not Ray Keene and I claim my GBP5.

Old May 15th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Terry

"DDEckerslyke" wrote in message
You are not Ray Keene and I claim my GBP5.

He may not br Ray Keene but wgat the poster says is very true.

Regards

Old May 15th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
David Richerby

DDEckerslyke wrote:
You are not Ray Keene and I claim my GBP5.

Shouldn't you be paying five pounds if it's not Ray Keene?

Dave.

--
David Richerby Strange Simple Tongs (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a pair of tongs but it has no moving