Old May 14th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.african

Default Burundi, Ghana and Ivory Coast are about to be expelled from FIDE

Burundi, Ghana and Ivory Coast are about to be expelled from FIDE

Burundi, Ghana and Ivory Coast have been temporarily suspended from
membership in FIDE because of their failure to meet their financial
obligations. Their memberships will be permanently revoked at the
meeting in Turin, Italy on May 27, 2006 if they have not paid their
dues by that time.

In the past in this situation, with an election coming up, the
incumbent FIDE President has paid the dues in arrears for such
countries and also paid for the air tickets to fly their delegates to
the FIDE meetings in exchange for their votes for the incumbents.

This helped Campomanes get re-elected in Dubai 1986.

I am wondering: How much do these countries owe? Will they be flown at
the last moment to Italy to vote for Kirsan Ilyumzhinov?

Old May 14th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.african

That information is secret, right now. You will have to wait for me to
get the right paperwork. This has nothing to do with Chess. FIDE is
holding the financial information secret. Allen Herbert of Barbados has
some of this data, he backstabbed me, and he reports to and supports
Kirsan.

That information will get you killed, Sam.

Marcus