Old May 16th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Don Aldrich

Default Larry in bed with Kirsan?

So our resident curmudgeon has flailed incessantly about the evils of the
Ilyumzhinov administration from murder to drug testing. Now his glorious
leader Dato’ Tan Chin Nam has written an 'Open Letter' praising this
'murderous thug' and suggesting a 'joint presidency' with Kok.
[http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....der=0&thold=0]
That's the WCN if the link doesnt work.

Of course we have seen this manuever before with Kirsan buying off his
competition. That is how Leoung became general secretary of FIDE.

Any comment Larry?

Dondo

Old May 17th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
The Historian

Don Aldrich wrote:
So our resident curmudgeon has flailed incessantly about the evils of the
Ilyumzhinov administration from murder to drug testing. Now his glorious
leader Dato' Tan Chin Nam has written an 'Open Letter' praising this
'murderous thug' and suggesting a 'joint presidency' with Kok.
[http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....der=0&thold=0]
That's the WCN if the link doesnt work.

Of course we have seen this manuever before with Kirsan buying off his
competition. That is how Leoung became general secretary of FIDE.

Any comment Larry?

Dondo

I was wondering why Parr was so quiet on the FIDE election. Nice to
know he's easily bought and sold.

Old May 17th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Stan Booz

Beatriz is a strong woman who's willing to stand up against Goichberg,
Schultz and Channing. She's also willing to stand up against Bessel Kok
and supports Kirsan Ilyumzhinov. She's entitled to change her mind and
negotiate for the best deal. It's a free country. She should be praised
for the decision to support FIDE and she should be given the FIDE
General Secretary position.

Old May 18th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Is there a vanity bio of Kirsan in Parr's future?

We have established what you are, madam. We are now merely haggling
over the price.

Old May 19th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Don Aldrich

Good ol'Larry. Caught with his pants down again, he resorts to the ad
hominem.

Here is what Dato says about Kirsan:

President Ilyumzhinov possesses the passion to spread the royal game to
chess-developing countries, and Bessel Kok complements this passion by
offering strengths in business and sponsorship. Mr. Kok can remove part of
the enormous financial burden borne single-handedly by the FIDE president.
Unity is strength in their case.

Nothing there about Kirsan spending money, merely praise for his passion
to spread chess to the third world.

Now, here is what Larry has said about Kirsan:

The issue is NOT whether one is willing "to convict" Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov "on nothing more than a motive" in the murder of
opposition journalist Larisa Yudina. The issue is exquisitely and
excruciatingly precise: to what extent ought a violent dictator
like Kalmykia's Ilyumzhinov be held responsible in the court of
public opinion for a political murder? And as for the absurd claim
that there is "nothing more" than a motive to connect Khan Kirsan with
the killing -- well, that is patently false. He has obviously
not been reading the news reports on the Khan. 7/1/98

Now, Bill Kelleher has reported that Kirsan Ilyumzhinov’s "Memorandum,"

which is so obviously rotten in its warp and woof, has been improved

upon. Which is to say, we will be asked to give Kalmykia’s dictator

half a loaf rather than the full loaf. My view is that Mr. Kelleher

does not represent a clean break with the horrific past of our FIDE

team. Larry Evans, who has been proven correct time and again on FIDE

affairs, would represent such a break. His appointment would signal to

FIDE that the USCF finally intends to act in concert with our natural
allies.

6/21/00 Memo to USCF demanding that Evans be appointed FIDE delegate and
work to overthrow Kirsan.

We could go on, you are all aware that Larry has been beating this drum
for years. Kirsan is a murdering evil dictator who must be thrown out if
world chess is ever to have any legitimacy. One of the few things I think
he has been right about.

Now that his boss has another idea,whoop, there you go. Kirsan ain't evil,
he's passionate. Ask Larisa Yudina.

Larry the lap dog.

Dondo

On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:15:15 -0700,
wrote:

DONDO IS BACK

I was wondering why Parr was so quiet on the FIDE election.
Nice to know he's easily bought and sold. -- Neil Brennen

The historian and attorney Don Aldrich are back.
Dondo is snarling as usual even as he continues to lick
those luscious wounds. Mr. Aldrich was the bloke who
denied Malaysia had an opposition press, blithely unaware
that at the time he wrote, the largest circulation newspaper
in the country was owned by the opposition!

Quite the chappie.

So far as I know, Dato' Tan Chin Nam did not say
anything about Kirsan Ilyumzhinov aside from his chess
credentials, emphasizing the amount of money Kirsan
spent. No one, including this writer, ever denied
that the man tossed a lot of Kalmykia's money in the
direction of chess. Indeed, I used to emphasize the point.

Those who wish may read Dato' Tan's statement at
the World Chess Network in which he outlines the
current unsatisfactory state of the chess world.

Mr. Aldrich is pretty much out of the loop re
international chess politics, but I pass on this bit
of information for forum members. The proposal for a
joint presidency has morphed into a proposal that
Kirsan go upstairs to become Chairman and that Bessel
Kok become President. His Turkish running mate will
take over the treasury.

Readers may judge for themselves.

http://www.opera.com/mail/

Old May 19th 06, 08:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

Default Larry in bed with Kirsan? Threesome with Dato'?

As recently as April 26, Larry Parr titled a post KIRSAN ILYUMZHINOV
IS A THUG and wrote,

Kirsan Ilyumzhinov has lived by the sword [....]
[He] has fair chances of coming to the same end that his regime
arranged for others

But Larry is cool with any murderous thug who is admired by Dato' Tan
Chin Nam, as Dato' only emphasizes the murderous thug's chess
credentials.

To be fair, Dato's appraisal of the FIDE President's character may be
radically different than his employee's. (And yes, I have the skeletal
remains of past moral compromises in my own closet--obligatory toss of
straight line to drowning man ;-) --but nothing THAT size....)

One more dead metaphor, unmixed for once: doesn't Parr have a backbone?

Old May 19th 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
[email protected]

Parr could be attempting to spark a feud with Evans.

Grudge Match at Knight odds? Split the pot?

Old May 19th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
g4

THE DOUBLE STANDARD LIVES ON

The issue is NOT whether one is willing "to convict" Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov "on nothing more than a motive" in the murder of
opposition journalist Larisa Yudina. The issue is exquisitely and
excruciatingly precise: to what extent ought a violent dictator
like Kalmykia's Ilyumzhinov be held responsible in the court of
public opinion for a political murder?

And yet, when that same "court of public opinion" finds sam sloan
guilty of kiddie f*cking, larry parr's defense is that sloan wasn't (or
cannot be) convicted in a court of law.

Old May 19th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
[email protected]

FIDE CAN'T BE REFORMED

We could go on, you are all aware that Larry has

been beating this drum for years. Kirsan is a murdering
evil dictator who must be thrown out if world chess is
ever to have any legitimacy. One of the few things I think
he has been right about. -- Don Aldrich

I don't take back a single word I've written
about Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, though my memory about Don
Aldrich's earlier views about Kirsan does not gibe
with his claims today.

Dato' Tan presented a picture of a chess world in
the doldrums in need of change. He said that Kirsan
raised record sums for chess, which is true enough.

My boss, who has also donated millions of dollars
to chess, knows full well that I do not favor reform of
FIDE. He knows that I favor abolition of that corrupt
organization. So what? He doesn't want yes-men
around him, which is not how he got where he is today.

Old May 19th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
[email protected]

DOUBLE STANDARDS

The issue is NOT whether one is willing "to convict"

Kirsan Ilyumzhinov "on nothing more than a motive" in the
murder of opposition journalist Larisa Yudina. The issue is
exquisitely and excruciatingly precise: to what extent ought a
violent dictator like Kalmykia's Ilyumzhinov be held responsible in
the court of public opinion for a political murder? -- Larry Parr

And yet, when that same "court of public opinion" finds sam sloan

guilty of kiddie f*cking, larry parr's defense is that sloan wasn't (or

cannot be) convicted in a court of law. -- g4

The circumstances surrounding the murder of
journalist Larisa Yudina are clear enough:

1.Two of Kirsan's thugs were convicted of the crime.

2. Kirsan's brother Vyacheslav was seen at the scene of
the murder by a witness.

3. The witness died soon after in an automobile "accident."

We see nothing in Sam Sloan's biography or in his
conduct so inculpating.

There is nothing that will stand up in court that
we know about re Kirsan. There not only is nothing
that will stand up in court re Sam, there is not a
chain of circumstance that would cause one to reach
privately a conclusion that he is a child molester.

The only avowal thus far on this forum that could
pass as a confession -- though we do not regard it as
such -- came from ... our Bill Brock who chants the
same mantra on an almost daily basis while refusing
to discuss what he calls skeletons in his own closet.

Mr. Brock's motive is clear enough: to smear Sam
and kill his chance to be elected to the USCF board.