Old May 17th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess One

Default Marinello, representation, and blood on Fide's tracks

At the last USCF Board meeting, the emotions run high.

I would like to request to the board and the USCF members to respect
and accept my position of neutrality. The USA is a free country, many
of us came here to escape from repression and undemocratic regimes. I
grow up in a dictatorship, I never had a chance to vote until I became
US Citizen in the year 2000. I am loyal to my federation, but I
cannot go against my personal believes.

Beatriz Marinello[/quote]

Ms. Marinello sounds very reasonable to me, on this issue. It is one
thing
to ask for support, it is another to force it.

J. Williams

Aye. Allow conscience to be king, as is most fit.

But as for the status of any 'representative', the conscience of the West
goes unrecorded. And there is blood on the tracks, Mr. Williams, whose stain
seeps under all who travel over them - knowing it or not, nevertheless.

Whereas and while that is a literally mortal factor, performance is another
and relative measure of how one might appreciate Kirsan's Fide, and I refer
any reader to Nigel Short's analysis of Fide's post-Saddam performance as
posted at http://www.rightmove06.org/

Phil Innes

Old May 17th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Stan Booz

Hey Philsy, top attacking Beatriz. She's the best USCF President ever.
She's the only person with the balls to stand up to Goichberg, Channing
and Schultz. She also saves the USCF a lot of money by firing Larry
Evans.

Old May 17th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob

Chess One wrote:
At the last USCF Board meeting, the emotions run high.

I would like to request to the board and the USCF members to respect
and accept my position of neutrality. The USA is a free country, many
of us came here to escape from repression and undemocratic regimes. I
grow up in a dictatorship, I never had a chance to vote until I became
US Citizen in the year 2000. I am loyal to my federation, but I
cannot go against my personal believes.

Beatriz Marinello[/quote]

Then let her concience be her guide. Resign.

Old May 17th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Stan Booz

What do you have against Beatriz? She only wants to make the best deal
for herself. What's wrong with that?

If Schultz, Channing and Goichberg are willing to give a $90,000 gift
to Hoffman and Shahade, why not a few grand to Beatriz to go to Turin?

Old May 17th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Chess One

"Stan Booz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Philsy, top attacking Beatriz. She's the best USCF President ever.
She's the only person with the balls to stand up to Goichberg, Channing
and Schultz. She also saves the USCF a lot of money by firing Larry
Evans.

Imposters fool no one. We understand the game, we regret your cowardice -
you who risk nothing - commenting on those who risk much, as much as
themSelves. Understand it, or suffer utter indifference. Phil Innes

Old May 17th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Stan Booz

You're just jealous of Beatriz. She's smart and beautiful.