Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old May 21st 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match?

What's up with the Evans - Bauer grudge match? Is it a go or a no go?

Old Haasie

  #2   Report Post  
Old May 21st 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match?

I rather see Beatriz Marinello playing strip chess against Jennifer
Shahade. Whoever wins can get on top.

Ray Gordon

  #3   Report Post  
Old May 21st 06, 08:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Jerzy
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match?

Uzytkownik napisal w wiadomosci
ups.com...
What's up with the Evans - Bauer grudge match? Is it a go or a no go?


There are obviously several better candidates-gentlemen, who interchange
compliments between themselves here e.g. :

Innes - Brennan (however Neil is an utterly weak player)
Kingston - Parr (it would be more interesting)

BTW I haven`t seen GM Evans writing to this newsgroup so he should not play
any match with any of us.


  #4   Report Post  
Old May 22nd 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
LiamToo
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match?

Jerzy wrote:
Uzytkownik napisal w wiadomosci
ups.com...
What's up with the Evans - Bauer grudge match? Is it a go or a no go?


There are obviously several better candidates-gentlemen, who interchange
compliments between themselves here e.g. :

Innes - Brennan (however Neil is an utterly weak player)
Kingston - Parr (it would be more interesting)

BTW I haven`t seen GM Evans writing to this newsgroup so he should not play
any match with any of us.


And don't forget the NM Bauer - FM Ciruk match.

  #5   Report Post  
Old May 23rd 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Jerzy
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match?

LiamToo napisal(a):


And don't forget the NM Bauer - FM Ciruk match.


I would rather play against "Nick"-the-liar and the-anonymous-coward.
Taking into account his obssessive stalking of me he is the best rival
for me



  #6   Report Post  
Old May 23rd 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
LiamToo
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match?

Jerzy wrote:
I would rather play against "Nick"-the-liar and the-anonymous-coward.
Taking into account his obssessive stalking of me he is the best rival
for me


I believe that Nick is in the USA. You still need to come here. I'd
like to
see this one. Since he is not even close to your rating, would you like

to give him a Horsey odds?

  #7   Report Post  
Old May 23rd 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Mike Murray
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match?

On 23 May 2006 05:53:51 -0700, "Jerzy" wrote:

LiamToo napisal(a):


And don't forget the NM Bauer - FM Ciruk match.


I would rather play against "Nick"-the-liar and the-anonymous-coward.
Taking into account his obssessive stalking of me he is the best rival
for me


I'm in for a hundred on that one.
  #8   Report Post  
Old May 23rd 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Jerzy
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match?

Uzytkownik "LiamToo" napisal w wiadomosci
oups.com...
Jerzy wrote:
I would rather play against "Nick"-the-liar and the-anonymous-coward.
Taking into account his obssessive stalking of me he is the best rival
for me


I believe that Nick is in the USA. You still need to come here. I'd
like to
see this one. Since he is not even close to your rating, would you like

to give him a Horsey odds?


I remember Nick-the-anonymous-coward boasting of having over 2100 rating so
I don`t think that my current rating is much above his so such a match
between us could be interesting ;-)


  #9   Report Post  
Old May 23rd 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match? How to keep the money


Mike Murray wrote:
On 23 May 2006 05:53:51 -0700, "Jerzy" wrote:

LiamToo napisal(a):


And don't forget the NM Bauer - FM Ciruk match.


I would rather play against "Nick"-the-liar and the-anonymous-coward.
Taking into account his obssessive stalking of me he is the best rival
for me


I'm in for a hundred on that one.


If the matches were to be played via the internet, it would be quite
easy to arrange the funds transfer via paypal. That might make an
entirely new form of entertainment!
Rob

  #10   Report Post  
Old May 23rd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
LiamToo
 
Posts: n/a
Default Grudge Match? How to keep the money

Rob wrote:
If the matches were to be played via the internet, it would be quite
easy to arrange the funds transfer via paypal. That might make an
entirely new form of entertainment!


The 1st Grudge Match was OTB, so any subsequent matches will be
the same. There's nothing wrong with posting the moves live in the
internet though.

Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Annual RGCP Grudge Match Tyrone Slothrop rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 73 April 26th 06 09:28 PM
2nd Annual RGCP Grudge Match Sam Sloan rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 30 April 26th 06 07:50 AM
2nd Annual RGCP Grudge Match to have a match purse of at least $2250!!! Tyrone Slothrop rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 48 April 24th 06 02:40 AM
Sloan v Brock RGCP Grudge Match .pdf with ICC Log Alan OBrien rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 3 November 24th 05 02:48 PM
Sloan v Brock RGCP Grudge Match .pdf Alan OBrien rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 4 November 21st 05 12:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017