Old May 23rd 06, 09:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
cerebus

Default Rant about GM Keene

I am fairly new to this forum but I have been catching up on the
various controversies which abound. I was very surprised by Taylor
Kingston accusing GM Keene of dishonest statements. As a matter of
record here - and I have read through everything I can find here in
the past threads - it seems to me that GM Keene has been very clear
at every stage and backed up his assertions with solid proof .

Claims about GM Keene not substantiating his claims or backing his
assertions seems quite false to me. Does not Mr. Kingston read his
threads before ranting off against someone? To me discussion boards
become annoying when people like Kingston throw a fit maligning
someone's character just to create controversy. No objectivity no truth
and certainly no passion just screaming matches to get airspace in
cyberspace! Please start writing about things we chess fans care about
not personal insults and unfounded opinions...get a life!

Cerebus

Old May 30th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

cerebus wrote (23 May 2006 01:56:06 -0700):

it seems to me that GM Keene has been very clear
at every stage and backed up his assertions with solid
proof .

_
Does cerebus think that Taylor Kingston decided to
"concentrate" on Duras-Teichman (Ostend, 1906)?
_
In the book, Moscow Challenge, did GM Keene state
"very clearly" that Steinitz was very "active" in match
play "instead" of tournaments during his reign as world
champion?
_
In the book, Moscow Challenge, did GM Keene make it
"very clear" that Steinitz had little "time" for tournaments
during his reign as world champion?
_
Has GM Keene produced a quote of Edward Winter
claiming that Kasparov's contribution to Batsford Chess
Openings was ghosted? If so, what was it?
_
Does Taylor Kingston seem to review GM Keene's books,
"so often"?
_
Were chess games first recorded towards the end of the
eighteenth century?