Old May 24th 06, 10:20 PM posted to soc.history.war.us-revolution,alt.history.colonial,alt.movies,rec.games.chess.politics
TR

Default I am annoyed by people using my research on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings

Sam--

Word for word? Really? Get yourself a tape of the show, document the
plagiarism and sue for copyright violation. What are you waiting for?

Old May 25th 06, 07:44 PM posted to soc.history.war.us-revolution,alt.history.colonial,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.china

Whistler wrote:
Well, Ken Burns has made a name for himself with his civil war
documentary. Are you guys on the same level as Ken Burns or just
jealous of his success?

that he made a name for himself with highly inaccurate documentaries
doesn't preclude his being an over-rated piece of ****

Agreed, Burns twists historical fact in
order to fit his political agenda. He's just
a notch below Oliver Stone.

They both have a ton of money. Do you have a ton of money? After all,
it's money that counts.

Or just a cut
above Olympic filmaker/propagandist
Bud Greenspan.
Lets see how the History Channel does
with the upcoming GW documentary. I'd
really like to see something on one of the
founding fathers that doesn't center on
slave ownership, as if that was only
thing that they, (any one of the slave-
owning FF's) ever did for this country...

Old May 25th 06, 09:45 PM posted to soc.history.war.us-revolution,alt.history.colonial,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.china

at least he is not as bad and politicallyl slanted as those chinese
directors.