Old May 27th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default I just faxed this to the FIDE Congress

URGENT MEMO

May 27, 2006

Kirsan Ilyumzhinov
FIDE President

Cc: EXECUTIVE BOARD OF FIDE

FROM

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of Saint Christopher and Nevis to FIDE

SUBJECT: POTENTIAL LAWSUIT CONCERNING ADMISSION

Dear Mr. President,

You have no right to expel a sovereign nation - Saint Christopher
and Nevis - from an Olympic Event, the World Chess Championship. WE
REQEUST PROVISIONAL ADMISSION NOW. The refusal to allow a sovereign
nation to participate in an Olympic Event is unprecedented without
approval of the UN Security Council. Saint Christopher and Nevis is a
Parliamentary Democracy, and we need no permission from the government
to play chess! We are a state with legal rights to the United States of
America to participate in FIDE, and having met every requirement for
admission that the USA has, we demand the right to play in the 2006
World Chess Championship. We can't play unless I fly to Turin, Italy
to the FIDE Congress and sort out the details as a FIDE Delegate
without voting rights.

The failure to allow me to participate in your April 2006 Presidential
Board meeting and violating your agreement made via e-mail with the
FIDE office in Athens, Greece to contact me if there were questions
about our application for admission to FIDE demonstrates bad faith on
the part of FIDE. Failure to admit us in May of 2006 will deny us the
ability to play in the 2006 World Chess Championship. We will attempt
to expel FIDE from the International Olympic Committee and UNSECO in a
war over admission. I have a multi million dollar asset base to defend
the legal rights of Saint Christopher and Nevis. We have a legal right
to participate in FIDE and send representatives to the FIDE Congress. I
suggest you quit the IOC if you do not want us to participate in FIDE.

If you admit us in May, I offer to fly to Turin, Italy immediately and
attempt to sort this out conflict out with FIDE and resolve our working
problems. At present, you are denying an extremely wealth asset base
the right to participate in the world chess championship. I am
personally offended. The purpose of a FIDE Congress is to sort out the
world chess championship, and you are again denying me and my country
the right to participate in an IOC event.

Failure to admit us provisionally will result in litigation in
Lausanne, Switzerland.

I await your response.

Sincerely

Marcus Roberts
President
Charleston Chess Association
Permanent Delegate of Saint Christopher and Nevis to FIDE
St Kitts and Nevis
The West Indies

Voice 850-722-7551
Fax 850-722-0837

Old May 28th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Rob wrote:

Voice 850-722-7551
Fax 850-722-0837

Marcus,
I would hire someone to hand deliver it and have Kirsan sign for
receipt of it. I would also copy the General Secretary for the Americas
with a likewise delivery and the also to the General Council of FIDE.(
If they have one)

Why would you do that? Marcus Roberts lives in Florida. He has no case:

Roberts, Marcus
23412 NW County Road 167
Fountain, FL 32438-6056
(850) 722-7551

Old May 28th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Thank you

Old May 28th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Sam

You argued before the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Can a man have more than one home? Citizenship or residence is not a
legal issue, right now. I assume you must be poking fun. As a matter of
law, citizenship or residence has never been mentioned by FIDE as an
issue in FIDE General Secretary Leong's e-mail to me concerning
admission.

What can happen AFTER admission is that if the organization goes
inactive, that the membership can be suspended. That requires due
process.

I want quality comments from you. Please help educate the public as to
the legal issues that are meaningful. Residence only matters in to show
a dormant organization. I can have two homes, two citizenships, and fly
down to St Kitts to play chess.

The issue is if I really intend to start a national chess organization.
I do. I am one of the wealthiest people in Chess.

If I am admitted, and stay in the US and blast away on R.C.P.G. as a
FIDE delegate, and hold no chess activity on St Kitts, I would expect
some action from FIDE in a year or two against me. However, this does
not matter right now, and everyone knows that but you.

Marcus Roberts