Old May 28th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default How Bessel Kok could have won the FIDE Presidential Election

How Bessel Kok could have won the FIDE Presidential Election

The better path was for Bessel Kok to LIE. Had Kok offered to help the
third world in chess, that is - LIE - he would have won. One of the
problems here in chess is the egotistical nature of the political
leadership. Kok was too honest.

Kok is Vice Chairman of a state run telecommunications monopoly in
Eastern Europe. In other words, Kok is a technocrat. Kok knew exactly
what he was doing. Kok would rather lose an honest election than win a
dishonest election.

Kirsan has no problems with lying, and he wins.

The RIGHT MOVE is the best ticket, but in real terms, their idealism
doomed them.

All we can hope for is WILD EVENTS in the balloting.

This is the worst time in for chess in the HISTORY OF CHESS.

I hope I am wrong and Kok wins. I hope somebody can laugh at me in a
few days and teach me a lesson. I PRAY TO GOD BESSEL KOK WINS.

Marcus Roberts
President
Charleston Chess Association, LLC
St Kitts and Nevis