Old May 30th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default I post this from Kirsan's web site, and I ask the reader, do you believe that this is true?

I post this from Kirsan's web site, and I ask the reader, do you
believe that this is true?

In word and deed
A list of FIDE achievements of the decade 1996-2006

"The past decade was undoubtedly the decade of chess unity within
FIDE. Immediately after his first election in 1996, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov
promised to stop all the fights within FIDE and he succeeded. A new
spirit of democracy has been internally established since then. The
opposition was invited to join the work of the FIDE Presidential and
Executive Boards..."

St Kits and Nevis can't even play in the world chess championship.
Unless the FIDE Executive Board acts on Tuesday and provisionally admit
St Kitts and Nevis, I will personally wage war against FIDE as a
successful multi millionaire businessman. We meet all legal
requirements for admission. To exclude a sovereign nation from an
Olympic Event is in violation of the Olympic Charter, and incompatible
with the fundamental principals of the Olympic Movement.

I would think that Kirsan would want to encourage small countries to
play chess, not exclude them because they are primarily black.

Marcus Roberts
President
Charleston Chess Association, LLC
St Kits and Nevis