Old June 1st 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default chess illegal on St Kitts and Nevis

St Kitts and Nevis - it is illegal for any citizen of St Kitts and
Nevis to play in the 2006 World Chess Championship! FIDE refuses blacks
entry to the World Chess Championship!

I just want to remind everyone that right now that there is a FIDE
Congress happening in Turin, Italy. The FIDE Congress lasts around 10
days, and it takes weeks to prepare. In all of the money spent, airfare
spent, FIDE never saw fit to let the people of St Kitts and Nevis play
in the 2006 World Chess Championship.

Right now, it is illegal for anyone on St Kitts and Nevis to play in
the world chess championship.

FIDE offers no explanation as why this is happening.

I do not know what to do about a World Chess Association which forces
nations to sue the organization to play chess. It makes NO ****ING
SENSE. It is like somebody is making decisions about FIDE is making
these decisions from an alien spacecraft.

I do not know what to do but SUE FIDE.

Marcus Roberts
President
Charleston Chess Association
St Kitts and Nevis
The West Indies

Old June 5th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Chess Freak wrote:
I like this ShockSpiel. Everyone else has plonked
marcus.

Not me! I think it's entertaining to watch someone who signs every
post with such bombastic, self-appointed titles struggle with a daily
demand for significance that is quite obviously not forthcoming. Or
warranted, for that matter.

Kinda reminds me of a junior high school janitor calling himself the
"Regional Supervisor of Safety and Oranizational Maintenance."