Old June 2nd 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default FIDE Presidential Election

Kirsan won 96-54.

Old June 2nd 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Użytkownik "Jon Haskel" napisał w wiadomości
Kirsan won 96-54.

Here is the first article on it :

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3155

Old June 2nd 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

"Jerzy" wrote in message
Użytkownik "Jon Haskel" napisał w wiadomości
Kirsan won 96-54.

Here is the first article on it :

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3155

There's also a little something on it at TWIC

http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic.html#news471

Duncan

Old June 2nd 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Jon Haskel wrote:
Kirsan won 96-54.

I thought so. 4 more years of hell. I found a Swiss attorney for 7,000
dollars.

Marcus Roberts
Presdient
Charleston Chess Association, LLC
St kitts and Nevis
The West Indies

Old June 3rd 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Jon Haskel wrote:
Kirsan won 96-54.

=======================
I'm too old to worry about it. I'm more interested in seeing the
emergence of a USCF Tampa Bay Chess District funded by a portion of the
national membership fees proportional to the area.... the Mensa model
for chess.

Old Haasie

Old June 3rd 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

" writes:

Jon Haskel wrote:
Kirsan won 96-54.

=======================
I'm too old to worry about it. I'm more interested in seeing the
emergence of a USCF Tampa Bay Chess District funded by a portion of the
national membership fees proportional to the area.... the Mensa model
for chess.

That will happen when the USCF Chess District is funded by a portion of
the international bribery fees proportional to the area.

Old Haasie

in old bottles.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences (205) 934-2213
Old June 3rd 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

"Kenneth Sloan" wrote in message
" writes:

Jon Haskel wrote:
Kirsan won 96-54.

=======================
I'm too old to worry about it. I'm more interested in seeing the
emergence of a USCF Tampa Bay Chess District funded by a portion of the
national membership fees proportional to the area.... the Mensa model
for chess.

That will happen when the USCF Chess District is funded by a portion of
the international bribery fees proportional to the area.

But at least the bribery is pro-rated and equitably distributed among
chess-slave nations. Did nobody want to breathe free any more?

Phil Innes

Old Haasie

in old bottles.

Old June 4th 06, 10:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Użytkownik "Chess One" napisał w wiadomości
news:[email protected]

Kirsan won 96-54.
=======================
I'm too old to worry about it. I'm more interested in seeing the
emergence of a USCF Tampa Bay Chess District funded by a portion of the
national membership fees proportional to the area.... the Mensa model
for chess.

That will happen when the USCF Chess District is funded by a portion of
the international bribery fees proportional to the area.

But at least the bribery is pro-rated and equitably distributed among
chess-slave nations. Did nobody want to breathe free any more?

Who cares about chess development in non-chess countries (you called them
chess-slave nations - what an imperialistic term :P ) when all expenses by
their delegates are covered by FIDE ?

The same is with the humanitarian aid e.g. for starving Africa. Bosses take
it to their pockets and don`t care about hunger in their population.

Old June 4th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

"Jerzy" wrote in message
Użytkownik "Chess One" napisał w wiadomości
news:[email protected]

Kirsan won 96-54.
=======================
I'm too old to worry about it. I'm more interested in seeing the
emergence of a USCF Tampa Bay Chess District funded by a portion of the
national membership fees proportional to the area.... the Mensa model
for chess.

That will happen when the USCF Chess District is funded by a portion of
the international bribery fees proportional to the area.

But at least the bribery is pro-rated and equitably distributed among
chess-slave nations. Did nobody want to breathe free any more?

Who cares about chess development in non-chess countries (you called them
chess-slave nations - what an imperialistic term :P )

Kept barefoot of resources to sole their understanding, and pregnant with
expectations. But I do not think they are as much non-chess nations as
unsupported chess nations - Nigel Short reported about Africa that Fide has
virtually dissapeared from that continent over the past 5 years. African
countries accepted an unhealthy status of their officials becoming dependent
on Fide's largesse, and did not invest whatever they had in infrastructures
for chess that would decrease future needy dependency.

when all expenses by their delegates are covered by FIDE ?

I think your Polish delegate is a sad example of the essential indignity of
an election, which has as basis Promises for Votes.

The same is with the humanitarian aid e.g. for starving Africa. Bosses
take it to their pockets and don`t care about hunger in their population.

Yes- I know a Swedish doctor /avec sans frontieres/ who says it is difficult
to apply medicine in Africa, and she is often reduced to nursing since not
enough materials are consistently available on site to allow her to apply
full skills.

Phil

Old June 4th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Użytkownik "Chess One" napisał w wiadomości
news:[email protected]

Who cares about chess development in non-chess countries (you called them
chess-slave nations - what an imperialistic term :P )

Kept barefoot of resources to sole their understanding, and pregnant with
expectations. But I do not think they are as much non-chess nations as
unsupported chess nations - Nigel Short reported about Africa that Fide
has virtually dissapeared from that continent over the past 5 years.
African countries accepted an unhealthy status of their officials becoming
dependent on Fide's largesse, and did not invest whatever they had in
infrastructures for chess that would decrease future needy dependency.

Yes, it`s sad that all those delegates voted in favour of Mr.Ilyumzhinov
despite the fact that chess vanished from their countries.

when all expenses by their delegates are covered by FIDE ?

I think your Polish delegate is a sad example of the essential indignity
of an election, which has as basis Promises for Votes.

It`s yet another story. I think that several or more delegates voted in
return for Mr.Ilyumzhinov`s offers they received, among them is
unfortunately the Polish delegate Mr.Filipowicz. I wonder how the US
delegate voted, i.e. in whose favour : Mr. Ilyumzhinov or Mr.Kok ?

The same is with the humanitarian aid e.g. for starving Africa. Bosses
take it to their pockets and don`t care about hunger in their population.

Yes- I know a Swedish doctor /avec sans frontieres/ who says it is
difficult to apply medicine in Africa, and she is often reduced to nursing
since not enough materials are consistently available on site to allow her
to apply full skills.

I can often hear that don`t give us a fish just give us a fishing rod, we
can do fishing by ourselves.