Old June 2nd 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default 4 more years of Kirsan

Dealing with a dictator

I know everyone is upset with the result of this election. Kirsan won.
Everyone expected it, why cry about it? All I can say is that a
minority will exist in the FIDE General Assembly. We will fight this
oppression. I will not stand by as dictator tells an entire nation they
are unable to play in the World Chess Championship.

The minority will exist and thrive in FIDE.

The fifth column will thrive.

Marcus Roberts
President, Charleston Chess Association
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE (or so say 7,000
dollars and a Swiss law firm)
St Kitts and Nevis
The West Indies

Old June 3rd 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

THE WEEK IN CHESS BY MARK CROWTHER

Kirsan Ilyumzhinov was re-elected FIDE President. He scored 96 votes as
against 54 - for Bessel Kok. Two abstained, one spoilt ballot. The
question posed by this election is, will it ever be possible to unseat
him? The power of patronage of the sitting FIDE council seems to mean
that making progress is hard. That said this is the first election in a
long time that went to a vote. If someone can build on the opposition
this time then 20 odd votes are required to change side to unseat him.
Perhaps something that may be possible. On the other hand at only 44
years of age its possible we may have another 30 years of his rule.
Originally he was only supposed to rule for two terms in Kalmykia, it
now seems there is no end in sight there either. My overwhelming
feeling is that FIDE has been bought and paid for by a maverick who has
no place being in charge of anything.

Old June 3rd 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

ANOTHER TYPICAL SMEAR

I heard he bought off Parr's boss. What is the story there? -- Vince Hart

At the FIDE Congress in Turin, offices were up
for sale and bids were offered to candidates. One
candidate was openly handing out expensive "free"
watches; and we may assume the hungry maws on our
own FIDE "team" (Doyle, Kelleher, Redman) did their
usual scavenging.

I hope to have some details on precise bribe
amounts offered to various persons. If I get this
information I will pass it on.

Vinnie Hart's aspersion on my boss was typical of
what we get from the ratpacker types. What a sadsack
Mr. Hart must be.

The whole of FIDE could not afford to rent for a single
night one of my boss's 800-room hotels in London. Still,
the thought that cascaded from the cavity of Mr. Hart gives
us a fair idea of the kind of people we have in USCF governance.

Alan Kantor's brain and Vinnie Hart's canker =
the typical USCF governance mentality.

Old June 3rd 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

HART'S HARD OF HEARING

I heard that your boss supported Kirsan's election.

Can you tell us why? -- Vince Hart

Here's the conclusion of an Open Letter from Dato Tan Chin Nam, a plea
for unity that appeared at worldchessnetwork.com on May 4, 2006:

A JOINT PRESIDENCY

The MCF [Malaysian Chess Federation] is certain that
the election as it is currently constituted holds no hope
for rescuing chess from the doldrums. It believes that
business as usual will lead to organizational schism
and two world chess federations.

We believe that a viable alternative is a joint Ilyumzhinov-Kok
presidency. We are certain that the two candidates can create
a heroic, historic moment in FIDE affairs by recognizing how
their strengths complement one another and dovetail perfectly
with FIDE's mission. Unity is strength.

Once again, the MCF calls for a joinHHet Ilyumzhinov-Kok presidency.

Old June 3rd 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

Originally he was only supposed to rule for two terms in Kalmykia, it
now seems there is no end in sight there either. My overwhelming
feeling is that FIDE has been bought and paid for by a maverick who has
no place being in charge of anything.

Larry Parr is dead right. Kirsan has been ruling FIDE for over 10
years, KIRSAN HAS RULED FIDE ALMOST AS LONG AS THE INTERNET HAS
EXISTED.

How many major corporations have the same leader that they did in 1995?
Not that many. I think even Bill Gates gave it a rest at Microsoft. The
world has changed more in the last 10 years than at any point in human
history, and we are stuck with this ruthless chess dictator who DOES
NOT HAVE THE TIME TO BE FIDE PRESIDENT.

Kirsan delegates all FIDE activities to his followers. Therefore,
Kirsan is responsible for NOTHING IN FIDE. Furthermore, Kirsan has
closed the FIDE General Assembly for the next 18 months.

Chess players are generally poor freedom fighters. We have no good role
models. A GM isn't a good template for a Kirsan fighter, you need
millions (I just spent 7,000) of dollars to fight FIDE.

Kirsan has simply lost touch with REALITY. Kirsan believes he is on
ALIEN SPACESHIPS and gives interviews to this effect.

Rome burns and Kirsan fiddles.

Marcus Roberts
President
Charleston Chess Association, LLC
St Kitts and Nevis
The West Indies

Old June 3rd 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Once again, the MCF calls for a joinHHet Ilyumzhinov-Kok presidency.

Kirsan is going to reply "sour grapes" and laugh. This is going
nowhere. Let's get ahead to the new world chess federation. What we
need to do is get the wealthy nations together and try to figure out a
way to cut off their funding to FIDE as a weapon.

The fight is lost. The next election, if the wealthy countries can
finally leverage their money, this dictatorship will fall.

If you want to set up a world chess federation, we need to start by
going to the FIDE Committee at the next meeting of the USCF Delegates.
The US snobs (while I am a US Citizen, I have renounced my US chess
citizenship and I am not an American chessplayer) won't want to
accept any idea I propose. Somebody else is going to have to pitch it
to the American chess players at the US Open.

Let's all accept that we Kok has been defeated, and the proper way to
fight injustice is by careful planning for future FIDE Congresses and
elections. I am fighting my own war with FIDE, and I can tell you that
a legal struggle is very expensive. We have no legal way to force a
dual presidency on Kirsan.

FACE IT, KOK LOST THE ELECTION. IT IS OVER. Kirsan won.