Old June 3rd 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default I will be purchasing the exclusive rights to a chessplayer's games.

This is something I've wanted to do for a while, and I found a young player
willing to do it. He's not 18 yet so I'm holding off for a bit (not too
long), but once he does turn 18, the deal is set to go. This is a very
strong and promising player, who is well on the way to becoming titled.

Once I make this purchase, *any* outfit that uses his name or publishes his
games (with the use of his name; obviously no one can stop publishing the
moves), I will consider it a violation of my intellectual property rights.
If a court recognizes this right, then chessplayers can expect quite a
windfall, at the expense of the chess publishers who are currently raping
the profitability of their work, since third-party publication of their
games or use of their names for free would become illegal.

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge

Old June 4th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Ray Gordon wrote:
Once I make this purchase, *any* outfit that uses his name or publishes his
games (with the use of his name; obviously no one can stop publishing the
moves), I will consider it a violation of my intellectual property rights.
If a court recognizes this right, then chessplayers can expect quite a
windfall, at the expense of the chess publishers who are currently raping
the profitability of their work, since third-party publication of their
games or use of their names for free would become illegal.

Gordo, after you get the money from your mom to buy these "intellectual
property rights" give me a call. I've got two pieces of real estate to
sell in Brooklyn & San Fran -- bridges, both. You could sue everyone
who crosses them without your permission.

Big money, baby. BIG money. Huge. And for pennies on the dollar,
even.

Holla back!

Old June 4th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
g4 g4 is offline

Matt:

After not seeing a post from you in a while, I was wondering what
happened to you. Welcome back.

(As you can see, I'm unlike larry parr, who tends to deride people who
return to this forum after a few months / weeks / days / hours absence.

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old June 4th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

"Ray Gordon" writes:

If a court recognizes this right, ...

Oops.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences (205) 934-2213
Old June 4th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Ray Gordon wrote:

This is something I've wanted to do for a while, and I found a young
player
willing to do it. He's not 18 yet so I'm holding off for a bit (not too
long), but once he does turn 18, the deal is set to go. This is a very
strong and promising player, who is well on the way to becoming titled.

Once I make this purchase, *any* outfit that uses his name or publishes
his games (with the use of his name; obviously no one can stop publishing
the moves), I will consider it a violation of my intellectual property
rights. If a court recognizes this right, then chessplayers can expect
quite a windfall, at the expense of the chess publishers who are currently
raping the profitability of their work, since third-party publication of
their games or use of their names for free would become illegal.

YOUR ACTIONS ARE NOT SANCTIONED BY FEKLAAR, HE DEMANDS YOU DECIST. I AM
FEKLAAR!
--
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Old June 5th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

g4 wrote:
Matt:

After not seeing a post from you in a while, I was wondering what
happened to you. Welcome back.

Thanks. I've just about lost total interest in chess. However, I'm
playing on the Navy team again next weekend at NAS Jacksonville, FL
where they're holding the 2006 Interservice Chess Championships this
year, so I figured I'd better pick it back up. At least for the time
being.

Almost missed the daily diatribes here on RGCP so thought I'd stop
back. Looks like nothing's changed. You'll forgive me if I'm not
surprised.

Old June 5th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Matt Nemmers wrote:
g4 wrote:
Matt:

After not seeing a post from you in a while, I was wondering what
happened to you. Welcome back.

Thanks. I've just about lost total interest in chess.

I can't blame you. RGCP will do that to you.

However, I'm
playing on the Navy team again next weekend at NAS Jacksonville, FL
where they're holding the 2006 Interservice Chess Championships this
year, so I figured I'd better pick it back up. At least for the time
being.

Almost missed the daily diatribes here on RGCP so thought I'd stop
back. Looks like nothing's changed.

No, not quite. Parr and Innes are broken records, but there has been
one major change. The Historian is now 66 pounds lighter. And still
dropping.

Neil

You'll forgive me if I'm not
surprised.

Old June 5th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

"g4" wrote

Matt:

After not seeing a post from you in a while, I was wondering what
happened to you. Welcome back.

Hi Matt. Do you still have the rgcp pictures page? I got a new computer
and lost the link. I'm not as clever digging up posts as Louis it seems
because
searching Google failed for me. Can you post it here or send me a private
email?

marinachess AT redshift DOT com

Thanks,
Duncan

Old June 5th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default OT: Can Louis Help Find a Link?

"Duncan Oxley" [email protected] wrote in message

I'm not as clever digging up posts as Louis it seems because
searching Google failed for me.

Speaking of which, Louis: someone once posted a link to a page showing
all the frivolous lawsuits Ray Gordon (he has several alias it seems) has
filed
or been involved in over the years. I can't seem to find it either.

Would you possibly do me the small favor of finding it for me?

TIA,
Duncan

Old June 5th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Duncan Oxley wrote:

Hi Matt. Do you still have the rgcp pictures page? I got a new computer
and lost the link. I'm not as clever digging up posts as Louis it seems
because
searching Google failed for me. Can you post it here or send me a private
email?

marinachess AT redshift DOT com

Thanks,
Duncan