Old June 3rd 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default after Goichberg

What happens to adult chess after Goichberg quits or dies?

Old Haasie

Old June 4th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

" writes:

What happens to adult chess after Goichberg quits or dies?

Old Haasie

It recovers.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences (205) 934-2213
Old June 5th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
Randy Bauer wrote:
wrote:
What happens to adult chess after Goichberg quits or dies?

Old Haasie

You're really a Mensa member? What about market theory don't you
understand -- or is it your belief that Bill has been running
tournaments without a profit motivation?

Randy Bauer

=========================
I was a Mensa member many years ago for one year. I wasn't too
interested in the local chapter so I dropped the membership. However,
certain aspects of Mensa's organizational structure interests me as a
model for an ideal chess federation.
As for adult chess in re Goichberg, I think when G is no longer on
the scene, a lot of momentum will come out of organized chess. I don't
see anyone who will replace him. The financial risks are high and even
G himself said it took him many years to reach a profitable design
overall.

I think that if there's money to be made, others will step in, but I
suspect at some point it won't matter and we'll get to find out first
hand.

PS.. is Georgia still AAA rated?

Yes, Georgia is still a AAA rated state, but there are some triple As
that either lost that rating or were put on negative watch when state
finances tumbled in 2001-2002, including, if memory serves, Michigan,
Minnesota and North and South Carolina.

Randy Bauer

Old Haasie

Old June 5th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I was a Mensa member many years ago for one year. I wasn't too
interested in the local chapter so I dropped the membership. However,
certain aspects of Mensa's organizational structure interests me as a
model for an ideal chess federation.

Really? Do tell...

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge