Old June 6th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.mag.playboy,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Mike Goodall presents a platform that cannot be beat

"My platform? 100 free rating points for everybody, and a
foldout playmate of the month in Chess Life."

See the June Chess Life, page 56. With that, I guess that the rest of
us can give up hope of winning and just pray for second place.

Actually, I think that Mike's candidates statement is quite good, in
spite of the joke above. I think that Mike should have devoted less
space to drug testing. I do not believe that drug testing is as
serious a problem as it was a few years ago. I have not heard any
reports of drug testing at the recently concluded Olympiad in Italy.
Perhaps I am mistaken.

I have read all five candidate statements in the June Chess Life which
just arrived today and I know who I would be voting for if I just read
the candidates statement and did not know anything else about the
candidates or the issues involved.