Old June 6th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Is it worth $50,000?

The new chess life is good. But is it really worth $50,000 for Hoffman
and $40,000 for Shahade? I could have done the same thing for $100
less.

Old June 6th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Sam Sloan wrote:
The new chess life is good. But is it really worth $50,000 for Hoffman
and $40,000 for Shahade? I could have done the same thing for $100
less.

Sam Sloan

==================
I'm just wondering if any American grandmaster made $50,000 from
chess in the past 12 months?

Old Haasie

Old June 6th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

jr wrote:

*I'm just wondering if any American grandmaster
made $50,000 from chess in the past 12 months?* (Haas)

Chess. What's that?

You just have to know the right people.

Shahade and Hoffman know the right people. That's a cool $90K for
minimal work.

Old June 7th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

"TR" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know about the alleged $40K for Shahade, so no comment on that.

Is the magazine and website redesign worth $50K? If the web site is as
much improved as the magazine, absolutely! The design for the magazine
should last at least five years, so we're talking $5K/yr (if we treat
the $50K as half for the website and half for the magazine). Will the
USCF see an additional $5K of net revneue per year specifically because
of the better design? I don't know. Will the new magazine help the USCF
better accomplish its mission to "extend the role of chess in American
society?" I'm sure it will. The new magazine is so much more attractive
and the articles and inside artwork so much better, that the magazine
has gone from an embarassment to an effective outreach element.

Ray Gordon wrote:
jr wrote:

*I'm just wondering if any American grandmaster
made $50,000 from chess in the past 12 months?* (Haas)

Chess. What's that?

You just have to know the right people.

Shahade and Hoffman know the right people. That's a cool $90K for
minimal work.

Can someone tell me which Hoffman and what he or she did? Thanks.
--
Ian Burton
(Please reply to the Newsgroup)

Old June 7th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Ray Gordon wrote:
jr wrote:

*I'm just wondering if any American grandmaster
made $50,000 from chess in the past 12 months?* (Haas)

Chess. What's that?

You just have to know the right people.

Shahade and Hoffman know the right people. That's a cool $90K for
minimal work.

Can someone tell me which Hoffman and what he or she did? Thanks.
--
Ian Burton
(Please reply to the Newsgroup)

He got $50K for something that should have cost $10K. His girl Shahade
also got $40K for something that should have cost $500.

Old June 8th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Ray Gordon wrote:

Ray Gordon wrote:
jr wrote:

*I'm just wondering if any American grandmaster
made $50,000 from chess in the past 12 months?* (Haas)

Chess. What's that?

You just have to know the right people.

Shahade and Hoffman know the right people. That's a cool $90K for
minimal work.

Can someone tell me which Hoffman and what he or she did? Thanks.
--
Ian Burton
(Please reply to the Newsgroup)

He got $50K for something that should have cost $10K. His girl Shahade
also got $40K for something that should have cost $500.

Are you crazy? I would pay $40K to get Shahade in bed. Definitely!
She's a babe with nice a nice rack!

Old June 9th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

"Ian Burton" wrote in message
news[email protected]

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ray Gordon wrote:
jr wrote:

*I'm just wondering if any American grandmaster
made $50,000 from chess in the past 12 months?* (Haas)

Chess. What's that?

You just have to know the right people.

Shahade and Hoffman know the right people. That's a cool $90K for
minimal work.

Can someone tell me which Hoffman and what he or she did? Thanks.
--
Ian Burton
(Please reply to the Newsgroup)

He got $50K for something that should have cost $10K. His girl Shahade
also got $40K for something that should have cost $500.

Who is *he*?
--
Ian Burton
(Please reply to the Newsgroup)

Can someone here suggest a newsgroup in which someone might have an answer
to my question? Thank you in advance for your help.