Old June 6th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default CEASE FIRE WITH THE USCF

CEASE FIRE WITH THE USCF

I just got this email from former FIDE Vice President Steven Doyle.
With this e-mail, I can't continue my attack on the USCF, because
they are trying to show good faith. Therefore, I will halt any negative
action against the USCF until I can meet with them in person.

I have met Steven Doyle, and I believe what he has said.

"I tried to get them to discuss your case at FIDE meeting and they
didn't have on the agenda. My term finished this year. Wish you well
with your bid for next time."

Marcus Roberts
President
Charleston Chess Association, LLC
St Kitts and Nevis
The West Indies

Old June 6th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
Mike Murray wrote:
On 6 Jun 2006 10:40:04 -0700, wrote:

CEASE FIRE WITH THE USCF

I just got this email from former FIDE Vice President Steven Doyle.
With this e-mail, I can't continue my attack on the USCF, because
they are trying to show good faith. Therefore, I will halt any negative
action against the USCF until I can meet with them in person.

I have met Steven Doyle, and I believe what he has said.

Was he wearing his Rolex?

I met Doyle as a 22 year old USCF Delegate. Tony Alston (now a woman)
was Presdient of the Texas Chess Assocaition APPOINTED ME with the
instructions to RAISE HELL. I did, and Doyle threatened to throw me
out of the Delgagtes
meeting. He wasn't the chair, and I went to Harold Winston, chair of
the bylaws committee,and Winston threatened to not let Doyle be
relected as a Delegate at Large if he continued to harass me. That was
15 years ago, but I don't remember Doyle wearing a Rolex watch.I was
broke then, and I think that Doyle picked up on that. Later, I was
threatened with
expulsion if I didn't shut up, so I quit the Board of
Delegates. That's how I met Steven Doyle.

I am person non grata as a USCF Delegate. FIDE, however, has to take
me.

Marcus Roberts