Old June 7th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Chess game is beating everyone except a few players

The Chess game is playing very good. It has beated every player atleast
once except Taylor Kingston & Perrypawnpusher

The game is playing quite fast that it allows upto master level to be
played.

Play Chess at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Now, no one criticizes that it is playing weak moves. So now I cant
improve the game further. But I see good players beating the Normal &
Master Level also. While I find it hard to win even the Easy level.

A few of My friends get beated by Beginner level also.

Start a game at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Anyone can win this months $5.00 prize. You just have to score 10
points & win atleast 2 games with Human Opponents. And in comming
months the Prize money may get increased.

Now with the game Recorded no one can tell lies as everything from your
Move and Time you took for that move is recorded.

Here is a game I win with Easy Level after lot of struggle.
http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM697&game=Chess

I would admire if some one could do analysis of Games played by higher
level and let me know of any mistake moves played by computer. You can
post comments to all recorded Chess games for further analysis.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Old June 7th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

This is one sorry piece of chess software. I started a game with it on
"normal" level, which is supposed to take about a minute a move. The
game started (I am White):

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. Bc4 a5?
You've got to be kidding. Doesn't this thing even have a rudimentary
book?
4. d4 ed
5. Nd4 Qh4
6. Nc3 Nd4
7. Qd4 c5?
8. Qe5+ Ne7
9. Be3 a4?
More of the same stupid pawn moves.
10. Bc5 ...

From about move 5 forward the stupid program was taking 8 to 10 minutes

to make moves, so after waiting for the program to move here for about
10 miutes, I just quit. It was unbearable. If this is "one minute per
move", I can imagine how long it would take to make these kinds of
moves on "master" level.

Sanny, nice try, but give it up.

Regards,
Mike Petersen

Old June 7th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

The game was improved a bit (Now it looks for higher depth to save
itself from exchange losses)

You were a pawn up in that game. I hope now it will not give pawns
easily. Let me know if it has improved or not by playing a few game
with Easy level.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Old June 7th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Many people have played with Normal & Master levels. And their time is
shown in the recorded game, and it usually makes move in a minute or
two. Only occasionaly it takes long time.

Only for 2-3 moves in a game the Program thinks for 5-10 minutes that
too with Normal & Master level.

Easy & Beginner are very fast and are also difficult to win. I have
seen many been defeated by Easy level also. Easy/Beginner level will
play quite faster.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Old June 8th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:
Many people have played with Normal & Master levels. And their time is
shown in the recorded game, and it usually makes move in a minute or
two. Only occasionaly it takes long time.

Only for 2-3 moves in a game the Program thinks for 5-10 minutes that
too with Normal & Master level.

Easy & Beginner are very fast and are also difficult to win. I have
seen many been defeated by Easy level also. Easy/Beginner level will
play quite faster.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Sanny, you are paying attention to the wrong part of my message. Your
program sucks. Face it.

- Mike Petersen

Old June 8th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Play Chess at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Sanny, you are paying attention to the wrong part of my message. Your
program sucks. Face it.

I'm more fascinated by the number of people who devote all this time to
something they believe "sucks."

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge

Old June 9th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Middle Game has improved a lot thanks to your guidance. If you do not
like anything let me know how to make it better. Its everyones game.

Play Chess at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Thanks
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Old June 9th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Ray Gordon wrote:

I'm more fascinated by the number of people who devote all this time to
something they believe "sucks."

Interesting, Ray. I'd like to know something. How do you consider a
10-move aborted game and three messages (including this one) that took
a total of 2 minutes to type "devoting all this time"?

I rarely post to this forum, but I see that you do quite often. Now,
that's devoting time.

Regards,
Mike Petersen