Old June 9th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default My Report on the Turino Meetings

I have posted my report of the torino meetings on my website
www.chessdon.com. Simply hit the FIDE button on my home page.

A good part of the report takes time to download as I have included
numerous pictures as part of the report.

Don Schultz

Old June 10th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

chessdon wrote:

I have posted my report of the torino meetings on my website
www.chessdon.com. Simply hit the FIDE button on my home page.

A good part of the report takes time to download as I have included
numerous pictures as part of the report.

Don Schultz

So did Marinello get any FIDE position? Did you withdraw her nomination
or did you sell out to her again?

Old June 10th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

chessdon wrote:

I have posted my report of the torino meetings on my website
www.chessdon.com. Simply hit the FIDE button on my home page.

A good part of the report takes time to download as I have included
numerous pictures as part of the report.

Don Schultz

I just finished reading your entire report. It is an excellent report,
well worth reading.

However, I doubt that anybody else is going to read it besides me
because it took me 40 minutes to download it before I could read it.
This was very frustrating.

You need to divide it up into smaller pages perhaps with only one
picture on a page. Or, you could put the pictures on a seperate link.

Also, pictures on the Internet should be 72 dpi. I have not checked
yours but I suspect that they are much denser.

Compare the www.chessbase.com site. They have more pictures than you
do, and yet you can view their site in a matter of seconds.

I did especially like the picture of the two Siberian fur coats. A good
reason to look forward to the coming Olympiad.

Old June 10th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 9 Jun 2006 14:54:55 -0700, "chessdon" wrote:

I have posted my report of the torino meetings on my website
www.chessdon.com. Simply hit the FIDE button on my home page.

A good part of the report takes time to download as I have included
numerous pictures as part of the report.

Don Schultz

Your report states the following:

"Early-on, I spoke to Makro about the elections. He said that
he wanted USCF to have a seat on the Presidential Board and declared
that he would support either Beatriz Marinello or Bill Kelleher for
that position. He asked whom we wanted and I replied Kelleher. He said
okay, and he would support Kelleher. Apparently Doyle, Tanner,
Kelleher and perhaps Beatriz all had previously spoken to Makro and
left with understandings slightly different but not inconsistent with
mine."

I am very interested in this. Did Doyle and Tanner favor Beatriz for
the FIDE Board? Seems surprising and shocking but in character.

What can you tell us about this?

Old June 10th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I have checked the pictures on Don's website and they are all 300 dpi.

This is a mistake. Photos to be printed as in Chess Life magazine
should be 300 dpi. However, photos posted on the Internet should be
only 72 dpi.

For example, Don's photo of Fat Steve Doyle talking to Makropoulos and
Tanner is 2.5 MB. I reduced it to 72 dpi and that reduced it to 400K, a
big difference.

It took me 40 minutes before I could read Don's report even though I
have a high speed cable modem. Anybody with regular dial-up will not be
able to read it at all.

I recommend a program called acdsee.exe that automatically converts
photos to 72 dpi for Internet use.

Sam Sloan

Old June 10th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

I believe Sam Sloan is expressing some kind of need to belong to a
group or social clique - the US Chess Federation (USCF) political elite
- and Sloan is VERY frustrated by his continued unsuccessful attempts
to run for the Executive Board of the USCF. Sloan has no real friends,
believes in crazy governmental cover-ups about 9/11, and the USCF
political elite will never accept Sloan into their group. Therefore,
Sloan plans to sue the USCF the first time he loses a vote if elected.

Sloan expresses his need to belong by suing the US Chess Federation.
There is no reason to sue the US Chess Federation. I don't like the
USCF, but I try to avoid suing the USCF if I can.

Sam - give it up. You will never get elected to the USCF Executive
Board because you are crazy as hell. Most people post with some basis
of fact, or are really funny and entertaining to read, like Larry Parr.
There is no success in the life of Sam Sloan, only failure and his need
to prove how smart he is at the expense of everyone else around him.

Marcus Roberts

Old June 11th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

chessdon wrote:

I have posted my report of the torino meetings on my website
www.chessdon.com. Simply hit the FIDE button on my home page.

A good part of the report takes time to download as I have included
numerous pictures as part of the report.

Don Schultz

I have read your views from another page.
Your views are disgusting. You want a
psuedo-representant (like yourself) of the
USA chess players to have a "big vote"
(proportional to the number of represented
players) in FIDE. That's your ugly, bureaucratic
ideal.

The correct way would be to have a number
of representatives representing a country,
which has a high number of players. E.g. each
representative could stand for from two to
four thousand players.

***

The hierarchy should not have to
go along the national lines (then a few chess
wise small nations may join to get one rep),
it should be up to the chess players how they
want to create the low level organizational units
(e.g. chessplayers of Seattle+Vancouver
may form one club, and of Detroit+Windsor
another, etc).

There should be nothing "national" about
the international chess--it only leads to abuses.

***

By the way "chessdon", I am amazed how
shameless you are, to show your false face
publically, especially on a free forum like rgc[mp].

Some of us still remember your lack of principles.
You'd do anything to get a piece of the FIDE pie.
Nothing was too low for you.

***

Wlod

Old June 11th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

I read this and had to laugh:

wrote in message
ups.com...
I believe Sam Sloan is expressing some kind of need to belong to a
group or social clique

Marcus Roberts

Marcus, that statement perfectly describes you!!

Old June 11th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Took me 2 minutes to download - you need a better connection, Sam.
The text + pictures are about 20M total - hardly 'huge' in the 21'st
century. 40 minutes for 20Meg is like 8k/second.

"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have checked the pictures on Don's website and they are all 300 dpi.

This is a mistake. Photos to be printed as in Chess Life magazine
should be 300 dpi. However, photos posted on the Internet should be
only 72 dpi.

For example, Don's photo of Fat Steve Doyle talking to Makropoulos and
Tanner is 2.5 MB. I reduced it to 72 dpi and that reduced it to 400K, a
big difference.

Whoa, you are right, Doyle has gotten huge.

samsloan wrote:

Old June 11th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Chess Freak wrote:
I read this and had to laugh:

wrote in message
ups.com...
I believe Sam Sloan is expressing some kind of need to belong to a
group or social clique

Marcus Roberts

Marcus, that statement perfectly describes you!!

So in your view of the world, a multimillionare who offeres to put
money into chess, renounces ties with the US Chess Federation, and
attempts to engage in for profit chess offshore a is a loser? You are a
NERD, Chess Freak. It isn't your fault you are a NERD, you just are a
NERD.

I wonder about you Chess Freak.

If I had my way, you would have more chess tournaments, not less.

I am in the middle of planting a pecan orchard, and I have to deal with
these investment issues in chess, and I am telling you, Sloan will
never invest in chess and I will.

So I don't understand your view.

I have no desire to fit into the US Chess clique what-so-ever. I don't
get it.

Marcus Roberts