Old June 11th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Sam Sloan appears in X3

Just got back from seeing X3: The Last Stand.

I wonder if anyone else noticed the "Sam Sloan" character?
--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences (205) 934-2213
Old June 11th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Taylor Kingston wrote:
Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Just got back from seeing X3: The Last Stand.
I wonder if anyone else noticed the "Sam Sloan" character?

You mean Sam is actually a mutant? That would explain a lot.

'Sam Sloan' appeared in the 1942 film 'It Happened in Flatbush'.

Here's an excerpt from a 'Publishers Weekly' review of the
2001 novel by Robert Wise, 'The Empty Coffin: A Sam and
Vera Sloan Mystery': "There's been a murder in Colorado
Springs, Colo., but the body is missing. This doesn't faze
Det. Sam Sloan, who has built his reputation on his infallibility."

Old June 11th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Nick wrote:
Taylor Kingston wrote:
Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Just got back from seeing X3: The Last Stand.
I wonder if anyone else noticed the "Sam Sloan" character?

You mean Sam is actually a mutant? That would explain a lot.

'Sam Sloan' appeared in the 1942 film 'It Happened in Flatbush'.

Actually, it appears our Sammy has "officially" appeared in at least
one film:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0806012/

Old June 11th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Hi Taylor:

Speaking of chess player/chess personality filmography, it would
be hard to beat the activity of Sean Whalen:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0923490/

If memory serves, Sean had a huge chess links web site back
in the middle-to-late 90's...

Kind Regards,
John

Taylor Kingston wrote:

Old June 11th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Taylor Kingston wrote:
Nick wrote:
Taylor Kingston wrote:
Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Just got back from seeing X3: The Last Stand.
I wonder if anyone else noticed the "Sam Sloan" character?

You mean Sam is actually a mutant? That would explain a lot.

'Sam Sloan' appeared in the 1942 film 'It Happened in Flatbush'.

Actually, it appears our Sammy has "officially" appeared in at least
one film:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0806012/

Didn't he also appear in the 'classic' Six for Sex?

Old June 12th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Nick wrote:
Taylor Kingston wrote:
Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Just got back from seeing X3: The Last Stand.
I wonder if anyone else noticed the "Sam Sloan" character?

You mean Sam is actually a mutant? That would explain a lot.

'Sam Sloan' appeared in the 1942 film 'It Happened in Flatbush'.

There was a character named Sam Sloan in that film, but he was played
by William Frawley, better known as Fred Mertz from the "I Love Lucy"
TV show. Frawley also was excellent as the judge's back-room political
advisor in "Miracle on 34th Street."

Old June 12th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Taylor Kingston wrote:
Nick wrote:
Taylor Kingston wrote:
Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Just got back from seeing X3: The Last Stand.
I wonder if anyone else noticed the "Sam Sloan" character?

You mean Sam is actually a mutant? That would explain a lot.

'Sam Sloan' appeared in the 1942 film 'It Happened in Flatbush'.

When I wrote " 'Sam Sloan' appeared in the 1942 film
'It Happened in Flatbush' ", *of course* I was referring to
his appearance as a character rather than as an actor.

Considering that Sam Sloan (the writer in rec.games.chess.*,
not his impersonators) was born in 1944, I would have been
astonished if he had appeared as an actor in a 1942 film.

There was a character named Sam Sloan in that film,
but he was played by William Frawley,

Why did Taylor Kingston write 'but'? 'But' as opposed
to what? Did Taylor Kingston suspect that I believed
that Sam Sloan was an actor in that 1942 film?

Why did Taylor Kingston simply not write, "There was
a character named Sam Sloan in that film, *who* was
played by William Frawley" (which would *not* have
been new information for me) ?

better known as Fred Mertz from the
"I Love Lucy" TV show.

He may be better known as that character in the
memories of people who watched that television show.

Frawley also was excellent as the judge's back-room
political advisor in "Miracle on 34th Street."

I already know how to use the Internet Movie Database.

--Nick

Old June 12th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Nick wrote:
When I wrote " 'Sam Sloan' appeared in the 1942 film
'It Happened in Flatbush' ", *of course* I was referring to
his appearance as a character rather than as an actor.

Considering that Sam Sloan (the writer in rec.games.chess.*,
not his impersonators) was born in 1944, I would have been
astonished if he had appeared as an actor in a 1942 film.

That probably would not stop Sam himself from claiming that he
appeared in a 1942 film.

There was a character named Sam Sloan in that film,
but he was played by William Frawley,

Why did Taylor Kingston write 'but'?

Don't worry, Nick. I was only acting on orders from those who control
the secret conspiracy against you.

'But' as opposed
to what?

Exactly. It's sort of like Nietzsche's "Jenseits von Güte und
Böse."

Did Taylor Kingston suspect that I believed
that Sam Sloan was an actor in that 1942 film?

You are suspected of many things, Nick.

Why did Taylor Kingston simply not write, "There was
a character named Sam Sloan in that film, *who* was
played by William Frawley" (which would *not* have
been new information for me) ?

That was not part of my orders.

better known as Fred Mertz from the
"I Love Lucy" TV show.

He may be better known as that character in the
memories of people who watched that television show.

Which is many millions more than ever watched "It Happened in
Flatbush."

Frawley also was excellent as the judge's back-room
political advisor in "Miracle on 34th Street."

I already know how to use the Internet Movie Database.

You mean you've never seen the movie? No wonder you're so crabby!
Even though it's not Christmas season, go and watch it right now. It
will cheer you you up right down to your toes!

Old June 12th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On 12 Jun 2006 05:52:23 -0700, "Taylor Kingston"
wrote:

There was a character named Sam Sloan in that film,
but he was played by William Frawley,

Why did Taylor Kingston write 'but'?

Don't worry, Nick. I was only acting on orders from those who control
the secret conspiracy against you.

OK, Kingston, we've always suspected this. The Committee wants to
know, are you now or have you ever been a Zionist? Do you travel in
Zionist circles? List all Zionist cronies and things will go easier
for you.

'But' as opposed
to what?

Exactly. It's sort of like Nietzsche's "Jenseits von Güte und
Böse."

A clever dodge,Kingston. A Zionist referring to Nietzsche. Who would
believe it? But, it won't work. Names, Kingston, we want names.