Old June 12th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default What you won't read in Chess Life

HAPPY TALK IS HERE AGAIN

By GM Larry Evans

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....icle&sid= 757

Old June 12th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

HAPPY TALK IS HERE AGAIN

By GM Larry Evans

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....icle&sid= 757

What's this? I'm supposed to lurve this link to GM Evans? uh? Well GM
Evans (aka chessdon) is ok - but pleese leave orf. I too am masterful..
Old June 12th 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Is the "michael adams" posting here the same person as GM Michael Adams
of the UK?

Old Haasie

Old June 12th 06, 10:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
HAPPY TALK IS HERE AGAIN

By GM Larry Evans

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....icle&sid= 757

Let me quote from the article:

"
after Yasser Seirawan won the U.S. championship
in 1986 and decided to run for USCF president.
Editor Larry Parr was ordered to remove Yasser's
picture from the cover of Chess Life. Parr told them
to put the order in writing. They refused.
"

So unAmerican, so Soviet are these USCF politickers!
("politicker" = the lowest type of a politician). It was a
standard, Soviet policy to avoid, whenever possible,
any paper and material traces of their doings. This was
the Soviet, cowardish way of avoiding the responsibility.
This method had spread to the whole Soviet block. I had
a similar experience as you, Larry, in 1968 -- when given
an order to cut short my postdoc at the Moscow State
University, I too had requested a written document. The
irritated communist who ran the Polish Embassy in Moscow
shouted at me that there will be no letter. They were
cowards. And so are the small top USCF politickers.
The whole system was/is cowardish.

Thank you, Larry, for the link. The GM Evans' article (or rather
the described in the article USCF style, if you can call it "style")
brought to me some old, unhappy memories. One would
think that the disgusting, cowardish, depressing communist
style is gone with the communism itself. But no, it has found
a niche at USCF.

Regards,

Wlod

Old June 12th 06, 10:39 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
Is the "michael adams" posting here the same person as GM Michael Adams
of the UK?

Old Haasie

Old Haasie should know about aaahAussie!

Regards,

Wlod

Old June 12th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
HAPPY TALK IS HERE AGAIN

By GM Larry Evans

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....icle&sid= 757

Where to begin? How about the author printing private email
communication without permission and calling it a "statement?"

Old June 12th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote in message
ups.com...

Is the "michael adams" posting here the same person as GM Michael Adams
of the UK?

Old Haasie

no, though they are related --pi

Old June 12th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On 12 Jun 2006 03:53:10 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
HAPPY TALK IS HERE AGAIN

By GM Larry Evans

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....icle&sid= 757

Where to begin? How about the author printing private email
communication without permission and calling it a "statement?"

Isn't this rather like Stimson saying "gentlemen do not read each
other's mail" ?
Old June 12th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

NEIL BRENNEN'S COMPLAINT

HAPPY TALK IS HERE AGAIN

By GM Larry Evans

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....icle&sid= 757

Where to begin? How about the author printing private email
communication without permission and calling it a "statement?"

Surely The Historian can do better than this?

Far from complaining, Paul Hoffman stated: "At least if this
correspondence is posted, it's actually my own words, as
opposed to all the false things that have been attributed to
me and "credentials" that have been posted that aren't mine
but other Hoffman's "

Furthermore, Neil Brennen (aka Spanscone) lied outright in
calling it a "private email." Here is a partial list to whom Paul
Hoffman's statement was sent in reply to a mass mailing
requesting him to join the Chess Journalists of America:

Subj: Fwd: CLA mission
Date: 5/13/2006
In a message dated 5/13/2006 11:32:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Subj: CLA mission
Date:5/13/2006 11:32:43 AM Pacific Standard Time

To:Chesstours,

CC,
, ,
, , ,
, , ,
, , ,
, ,
,

Old June 12th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
jr jr is offline

If being irrational qualifies someone to write
for Chess Lies, then Brennenis first inline.

I always turn first to Evans On Chess and,
when done, turn the page in vain hoping for more.