Old June 15th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Your USCF $$ at work

LAUNCH DATE DELAYED

A wasted full page (49) in the June 2006 Chess Life announced
that the new uschess.org would be up and running on June 15.

Well, folks, it ain't thar!

This announcement was just posted at uschess.org

"The United State Chess Federation is currently in the process of
redesigning uschess.org so that it will become an Internet community
for chess players and fans of all levels. The site will feature chess
news,
blogs, puzzles, forums, and the full content of Chess Life magazine
for USCF members.

"In an effort to ensure the quality product that our members deserve,
our launch date has been pushed back to June 30, but you can get
a sneak preview he http://beta.uschess.org

"Look for another sneak preview story on the National Open next week."

Old June 16th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote

LAUNCH DATE DELAYED

A wasted full page (49) in the June 2006 Chess Life announced
that the new uschess.org would be up and running on June 15.

Well, folks, it ain't thar!

They did not want the launch to conflict with my birthday. The 16th is
Michael Avella's birtday, so that's out too. Look for something tomorrow.

Old June 16th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

$90K spent! And they spent another $15-20K sending monkeys to Torino
for vacation.

Kamsky a monkey? Nakamura, Onischuk? This is probably one of the
most talented teams the US has sent in years and your calling them
monkeys. Didn't they just win the Bronze or am I missing something.

EZoto
Old June 16th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

EZoto wrote:

$90K spent! And they spent another $15-20K sending monkeys to Torino
for vacation.

Kamsky a monkey? Nakamura, Onischuk? This is probably one of the
most talented teams the US has sent in years and your calling them
monkeys. Didn't they just win the Bronze or am I missing something.

EZoto

I think he meant the USCF politicians and not the players.

Old June 16th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

EZoto wrote:

$90K spent! And they spent another $15-20K sending monkeys to Torino
for vacation.

Kamsky a monkey? Nakamura, Onischuk? This is probably one of the
most talented teams the US has sent in years and your calling them
monkeys. Didn't they just win the Bronze or am I missing something.

EZoto

Who said anything about the players? They paid for the USCF monkeys.

Old June 17th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

$90K spent! And they spent another $15-20K sending monkeys to Torino
for vacation.

You got one right, Zito.

Marcus Roberts