Old June 19th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default elected national FIDE delegates

..
Elected FIDE Delegates,

I propose that FIDE directly elect 20 or 30 delegates from the
wealthiest chess countries that contribute the most to FIDE. These
Delegates shall be elected from a voting membership of FIDE rated
players who are rated at least 2200, candidate master, I think??

The current number of voting delegates in FIDE is 155. You are not
going to get passage of more than 20 or 30 new voting delegates.

It is too expensive to have everyone vote. FIDE rated players - chess
ratings - are a good sample to run FIDE. FIDE is about the world
chess championship. FIDE rated players, in particular, FIDE candidate
masters, should vote. Anyone can hold office, it is just quite easy to
have a pool of voters that are well known.

I will not support having children vote (16 year old teenagers) as they
do in the United States of America, unless they have a FIDE chess
rating of 2200.

Does this make sense?

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE (unaccredited)